Page 69 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Feedback Score
    Something to chew on.....

Have a guy in my hospital who is 58yo. He has oxygen at home, has beaucoup co-morbidities, and generally lives like shit. He is constantly in and out of the hospital. What got my attention is the fact that he initially tested positive for COVID on July 10th. For this current admission he tested positive again two days ago, on Sept. 9th. WTF? Either you can get this crap more than once or it lingers a LOT longer than they say. My guess, knowing what I know, is that while immunity is supposedly not long-lasting, it should be longer than 2 friggin' months! I am coming down on the side of this virus lingers a lot longer in some people than others.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

Have a guy in my hospital who is 58yo. He has oxygen at home, has beaucoup co-morbidities, and generally lives like shit. He is constantly in and out of the hospital. What got my attention is the fact that he initially tested positive for COVID on July 10th. For this current admission he tested positive again two days ago, on Sept. 9th. WTF? Either you can get this crap more than once or it lingers a LOT longer than they say. My guess, knowing what I know, is that while immunity is supposedly not long-lasting, it should be longer than 2 friggin' months! I am coming down on the side of this virus lingers a lot longer in some people than others.
    I think there's been 2 confirmed cases of re infection. One here, one in Japan....I believe!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I think there's been 2 confirmed cases of re infection. One here, one in Japan....I believe!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Aliens are laughing at us.

Feedback Score
    The CDC reportedly released and then retracted guidance on COVID-19/SARS COV2 virus as being presumably easily spread through airborne means. The World Health Organization announced the same thing in July - two months ago... But they didn’t pull it back.
    https://www.who.int/news-room/commen...on-precautions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I am beginning to reject all Covid death rate/death toll data because there is simply no way to validate the information. It is far too reliant on individual doctor's input and we know there have been mis-represented deaths.

I want to see one data point - how many people died of natural causes (i.e. not homicide, suicide, or accidents) from Jan - Jul in the preceeding 5 years vs 2020. Any thinking person could work from that and see the actual impact of Covid to date.

Andy
    The only thing I am aware of is the "excess death" estimates by the CDC. The below is from 2017 to present.

----------

"Counts of deaths from all causes of death, including COVID-19, are presented. As some deaths due to COVID-19 may be assigned to other causes of deaths (for example, if COVID-19 was not diagnosed or not mentioned on the death certificate), tracking all-cause mortality can provide information about whether an excess number of deaths is observed, even when COVID-19 mortality may be undercounted. Additionally, deaths from all causes excluding COVID-19 were also estimated. Comparing these two sets of estimates — excess deaths with and without COVID-19 — can provide insight about how many excess deaths are identified as due to COVID-19, and how many excess deaths are reported as due to other causes of death. These deaths could represent misclassified COVID-19 deaths, or potentially could be indirectly related to the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g., deaths from other causes occurring in the context of health care shortages or overburdened health care systems)."

More here: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

Don't leave out the possibility of false positive results.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    The only thing I am aware of is the "excess death" estimates by the CDC. The below is from 2017 to present.

----------

"Counts of deaths from all causes of death, including COVID-19, are presented. As some deaths due to COVID-19 may be assigned to other causes of deaths (for example, if COVID-19 was not diagnosed or not mentioned on the death certificate), tracking all-cause mortality can provide information about whether an excess number of deaths is observed, even when COVID-19 mortality may be undercounted. Additionally, deaths from all causes excluding COVID-19 were also estimated. Comparing these two sets of estimates — excess deaths with and without COVID-19 — can provide insight about how many excess deaths are identified as due to COVID-19, and how many excess deaths are reported as due to other causes of death. These deaths could represent misclassified COVID-19 deaths, or potentially could be indirectly related to the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g., deaths from other causes occurring in the context of health care shortages or overburdened health care systems)."

More here: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm
    Thank you for the link, but even that data aligns a little too neatly with the published Covid 19 death figures from the CDC. 200000 excess deaths and 200000 deaths from COVID when we are told a majority of Covid deaths have significant co-morbities.

Andy

P.S. Wow, am I paranoid or what?
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-22-20 at 11:13.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thank you for the link, but even that data aligns a little too neatly with the published Covid 19 death figures from the CDC. 200000 excess deaths and 200000 deaths from COVID when we are told a majority of Covid deaths have significant co-morbities. My lack of education hasn't hurt me none, I can read the writing on the wall...

Andy

As expected and predicted, but at least 50% or more of the US is a co morbidity.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I deleted my reply as it is not in line with a medical discussion of Covid 19.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-22-20 at 11:12.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the link, but even that data aligns a little too neatly with the published Covid 19 death figures from the CDC. 200000 excess deaths and 200000 deaths from COVID when we are told a majority of Covid deaths have significant co-morbities.

Andy

I don't think it's paranoia but rather a healthy dose of skepticism that a lot of folks have.

Considering the median age of COVID labeled deaths is reportedly 78, there should be a corresponding number of deaths under the normal expected baseline before too long. I mean... old people die, that's what they do. If COVID took a bunch of old folks a bit earlier than would have otherwise been absent COVID, then that number should catch up at some point. People don't die twice.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 09-22-20 at 16:30.

Page 69 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast