Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    -80C freezers are really common and compact. As another poster stated, the -70C temp can be reached by dry ice. The issue with the mRNA vaccine will be rural countries, not so much the US/Canada. My laboratory has at least 10 of these freezers. We use them to store animal DNA samples long-term.

Anyone doubting this virus is real, or some plot by one party or another is really just living in another world at this point. The virus does not care what your political affiliation is.
    I preferred your earlier version of the comment.
    We are reaching a point where the denier crowd is doubling down after their predictions of COVID ending with the election being proved so intellectually inconsistent with reality. The scenario is approaching psychosis for some.

On topic, reminder that even if you beat the reaper once, COVID is still bad news. There is increasing evidence of some reinfection risk and then overall weakened immunity in a percentage of survivors. This trend could translate to extended stress on hospitals. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6945e2.htm

61435968-0548-47A1-B67C-7C57790F5D45.jpeg

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

-80C freezers are really common and compact. As another poster stated, the -70C temp can be reached by dry ice. The issue with the mRNA vaccine will be rural countries, not so much the US/Canada. My laboratory has at least 10 of these freezers. We use them to store animal DNA samples long-term.

Anyone doubting this virus is real, or some plot by one party or another is really just living in another world at this point. The virus does not care what your political affiliation is.
    Nobody said it wasn’t real. But the statistically insignificant death toll is also real.

My county of 130,000 has had 15 “Covid related” deaths in the preceding months and half the population is literally tripping over themselves to shut everything down again because they’re afraid. That’s the true psychosis at play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 11-12-20 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Idk, according to what I have seen if you wear a BLM shirt and loot businesses or dance in the streets to celebrate Punch Drunk Joe stealing an election you cannot get Covid. Just an observation of mine.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    No serious issues with the ultra cold storage. Many academic, research or pharmaceutical organizations have the right conditions. The short version is many vaccines have specialized storage requirements around temperature, so the medical system is already primed to handle one-off scenarios. The COVID vaccine administering will be more difficult than normal flu vaccine by quite a bit, but that is half due to the logistical issues and half due to the emergency authorization paperwork.

Specific to the Pfizer vaccine, I started to be in various planning discussions around the ultra-cold storage issues in late September or so. There was a national level survey of freezer capacity and of dry ice manufacturing done well ahead of the notional Nov. 1 date all the states were told to be ready. The Moderna vaccine is slightly less onerous to handle, but still complicated.

There will be some challenges in rural areas with Pfizer in particular, but they have thought through a lot of issues - custom containers, dry ice, telecom connectivity, etc.

Thank you both.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Nobody said it wasn’t real. But the statistically insignificant death toll is also real.

My county of 130,000 has had 15 “Covid related” deaths in the preceding months and half the population is literally tripping over themselves to shut everything down again because they’re afraid. That’s the true psychosis at play.

This is right on. Some people just want to be afraid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    I preferred your earlier version of the comment.
    We are reaching a point where the denier crowd is doubling down after their predictions of COVID ending with the election being proved so intellectually inconsistent with reality. The scenario is approaching psychosis for some.

On topic, reminder that even if you beat the reaper once, COVID is still bad news. There is increasing evidence of some reinfection risk and then overall weakened immunity in a percentage of survivors. This trend could translate to extended stress on hospitals. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6945e2.htm

61435968-0548-47A1-B67C-7C57790F5D45.jpeg
    Our institution reached the breaking point where we had more patients than beds this week. Most were likely exposed voting. Symptoms starting 11/6-11/9. We are out of staff and out of vents.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    CDC updated guidance on masking. They are alleging new studies support that wearing a mask actually protects the wearer. But they have become so politicized, it's hard to know what's the truth. This might be real, or it might just be them jockeying for favor with Biden, tossing him a nice big softball so that he can swing for the fences and implement a nationwide mask mandate.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good enough to destroy lives and liberties.

https://abc7news.com/elon-musk-covid...gen-4/7938369/

"Something extremely bogus is going on. Was tested for COVID four times today. Two tests came back negative, two came back positive. Same machine, same test, same nurse."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Good enough to destroy lives and liberties.

https://abc7news.com/elon-musk-covid...gen-4/7938369/

"Something extremely bogus is going on. Was tested for COVID four times today. Two tests came back negative, two came back positive. Same machine, same test, same nurse."
    The accuracy of the tests has always been in question. The bigger concern is false-negatives, not false-positives.

Something else to keep in mind about vaccines: while the 90% effective one is due to be out first, there are others close behind without that efficacy rate. So if, at some point in the future, you are offered a COVID vaccine you might want to ask which one it is. If I decide to take one (and am not forced to by my job) I would definitely want the 90% effective one, not the couple that are about as effective as the flu vaccine. Welfare/SNAP recipients should get offered it first.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    The accuracy of the tests has always been in question. The bigger concern is false-negatives, not false-positives.

Something else to keep in mind about vaccines: while the 90% effective one is due to be out first, there are others close behind without that efficacy rate. So if, at some point in the future, you are offered a COVID vaccine you might want to ask which one it is. If I decide to take one (and am not forced to by my job) I would definitely want the 90% effective one, not the couple that are about as effective as the flu vaccine. Welfare/SNAP recipients should get offered it first.
    That much error, either way is a major problem considering what it is being used to justify.

So far I haven't had any welfare/SNAP people take any actions me. The elites pushing the narrative on this really should be the guinea pigs if anyone is going to be.

Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast