Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashAxe View Post
    G6PD deficiency is also common among people of African, Asian, Middle Eastern, and Mediterranean descent. 1 in 10 African American males have 66PD deficiency. Discussed here in more detail, https://www.aafp.org/afp/2005/1001/p1277.html, it is believed to be a major contributor to poor outcomes from COVID-19.

Also, Sickle Cell Disease patients tend to have worse outcomes when they contract COVID-19.

Sickle Cell Disease is most common among people of African, Middle Eastern, Indian, Hispanic-American from Central and South America, Asian, and Mediterranean descent. 1 in 12 African American males in the US have Sickle Cell Disease.

Sickle Cell Trait is when people carry only 1 defective cell that leads to Sickle Cell Disease, not 2, and usually live normal lives. Approximately 10 percent of African Americans have Sickle Cell Trait. There are concerns that COVID-19 might be at risk for severe COVID-19, however. https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/03/...evere-covid19/
    Yes, I tangentially cover that topic in a vid I'd made not long ago: G6PD Deficiencies require NAC if using Hydroxychloroquine and NAC a benefit regardless.

Study mentioned in (dyslexic) vid:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32707089/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I asked about that in post #778.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I asked about that in post #778.
    This has been covered here in the last week or so. I believe the article was done by student/s with no situations to facts

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I try to follow this thread as much as I can. A lot of it is over my head but I try to get unbiased information and view points from different angles.

Has anyone seen this article? https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ents-container

Any thoughts on the vaccine?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    This has been covered here in the last week or so. I believe the article was done by student/s with no situations to facts

You mean the statistics of the total death numbers that they represented in the study for the older age groups are false? You would think that is easily found and verified.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    I try to follow this thread as much as I can. A lot of it is over my head but I try to get unbiased information and view points from different angles.

Has anyone seen this article? https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ents-container

Any thoughts on the vaccine?
    Like what kinds of thoughts? Like if it's "good" or "bad"?

I am not anti-vax, but I will the last person in the last line on the last day when it becomes mandatory with my employer because of two reasons: 1) I do not like first generation anything (even Glock, and I am kicking myself for not getting one), and want to see it born out and proven with a track record, and 2) I saw too many Marines and Sailors fvcked up after getting vaccines right after 9/11 because they were rushed through development and production.

If it's safe, I will get one.

Our institution is getting the Pfizer vaccine and me and a colleague have to come up with the education plan for employee/occupational health since they will be giving it. As everyone knows it's a mRNA vaccine, and the amount of pure tinfoil-donning over it and what it will do (esp to one's DNA) is utterly staggering.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You mean the statistics of the total death numbers that they represented in the study for the older age groups are false? You would think that is easily found and verified.
    The answer to that is in one of the two covid topics somewhere in the last two weeks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey guys.

I enrolled in the Ph3 clinical trial for Pfizer / BioNTech BNT162b2 mRNA vaccine recently.

I got the vaccine (2 injections spaced 21 days apart) and this has been confirmed by my own IgG antibody tests.

I didn't feel all that much and I feel fine now.

I was told about ~200 people participated in the trial at my trial site. The site's primary investigator said that about 90% of volunteers didn't feel a thing.

I can go into much further detail (in another thread if you want) - I posted my experiences on TOS.

Some pics

Last edited by 30 cal slut; 12-04-20 at 08:48.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    Does the antibody test differentiate between antibodies developed from the vaccine versus antibodies developed via infection?

Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast