Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Does the antibody test differentiate between antibodies developed from the vaccine versus antibodies developed via infection?
    I did baseline testing well before I got the vaccine and started at zero.

If you were previously infected, then that would murky the waters a bit.

at screening, i was swabbed and antibody tested - so presumably i tested negative on both right before the first injection.

(as an aside, the vaccine was safe in people who were previously infected).

Here's my timeline

Early May - IgG index was udetectable

July - negative swab test

Late Oct - First vaccine injection

2nd wk Nov - IgG index <3.8 AU/ml

3rd wk Nov - Second vaccine injection

3rd wk Nov - negative swab test

End of Nov - IgG index <13.3 AU/ml

so I went from zero to 3.8 and 13.3 after the injections with negative swab tests in between.

15.0 AU/ml is the threshold for somebody who's gotten it and recovering.

My doc reviewed these figures - noted that I am growing antibodies - and is really excited especially because there were basically zero near-term side effects.

I am going to test again in a few weeks - the vaccine is supposed to provide antibody levels well in excess of convalescent sera.
    Last edited by 30 cal slut; 12-04-20 at 09:00.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Strange story, told to me about five minutes ago.
    Mr X calls me and says that He's coming to visit and couldn't get his hands on something I needed because someone died of Covid-19.
    Mr. Y has a neighbor who had Covid-19, he helped them during their health issues. Good Guy, Mr. Y. not real bright, but good hearted as you can get. So Mr. Z goes to see Mr Y and Mr Y is laying dead on a mattress in his driveway.
    As far as we can tell he must have got the Covid and carried his mattress outside to sleep because of a fever, cause of death "Heart Attack." Anyway, who knows?
    Now Mr X wants to wait two weeks before having a face to face with Mr Z. Cool by me.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I saw some really strange cardiac arrests this year. Some quite sudden. Honestly, that wouldn’t surprise me.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    SARS-CoV-2 makes you throw blood clots.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    SARS-CoV-2 makes you throw blood clots.
    It does; we've seen several people ages 20-40 with post-COVID coagulopathies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    It does; we've seen several people ages 20-40 with post-COVID coagulopathies.
    Same. I’ve had a family member with a PE following COVID, actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    FWIW, we are seeing roughly half our weekly half of our COVID casualties as deaths at home.

Some of that is due to stress on hospitals and difficulties getting ill people admitted - a buddy with 90% oxygen saturation was not admitted from the ER due to limited beds. He is still struggling at 92% saturation a week later.

for the clowns going on about cardiac cases being disminished, I think we have the answer...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    FWIW, we are seeing roughly half our weekly half of our COVID casualties as deaths at home.

Some of that is due to stress on hospitals and difficulties getting ill people admitted - a buddy with 90% oxygen saturation was not admitted from the ER due to limited beds. He is still struggling at 92% saturation a week later.

for the clowns going on about cardiac cases being disminished, I think we have the answer...
    If I am tracking what you're saying the guy likely had a heart attack while coughing up blood and fluids.
    He was a local "Sling Blade"kind of guy, mid fifties, no real job, but he cut grass, repaired things and had a heart of gold. Mr X used to hire him to look after his dog and cut the grass when he was gone.
    That's a hell of a way to go...damn.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post

I got 4 680L E tanks with Aviation Oxygen and Regulators early this summer to top off my capabilities just in case me or mine ended up with Covid and the local small hospital was at overflow. We had not been hit hard at the time, which meant it was coming this fall. It is bad here now.

I also have the equivalent of an urgent care clinic at my house to be able to treat minor injuries and illnesses of folks I trust so they don't have to go to the ER and risk getting COVID. I can at least get people through the weekend so that they can go see their regular doctor, optometrist, or dentist.

My two 20 somethings both got it Nov 18-19, mild cases, fortunately. One is better now, one still has the cough but is trending well. I have had them on the Eastern Virginia Medical School protocol with a few tweaks in dosages.

A hospitalist friend of mine's 20 y/o niece had COVID at college. She was in her dorm room. Her fever had just broken and she was feeling much better when she spoke with her parents at 2100. She was found dead in her dorm room the next morning, no signs of distress. Massive clots found in heart, lung, and brain, among other locations at autopsy. Apparently her blood was just full of clots.

My kiddos are taking 2 325 mg aspirin per day for at least 30 days following end of all symptoms with concurrence of every doc I know. I know of too many stories of current and recovered COVID pts with no thromboprophylaxis that have had sudden death from massive emboli, and multiple studies point to aspirin as being potentially of tremendous benefit as both a clot preventer and an anti inflammatory with little downside for those that can tolerate it.

NOTE: I AM NOT GIVING ADVICE HERE. MY KIDS ARE NOT CHILDREN. ASPIRIN IN CHILDREN IS USUALLY NOT ADVISED DUE TO POSSIBILITY OF REYE'S SYNDROME. PLEASE DON'T EAT A BOTTLE OF ASPIRIN OR GIVE YOUR 6 Y/O ASPIRIN BECAUSE CRASHAXE ON THE INTERNET TALKED ABOUT IT. I WILL BE THE FIRST TO CURSE YOU OUT AND CALL YOU A DUMBASS IF YOU DO. I HAVE ADVANCED MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE AND AM WORKING WITH MULTIPLE PHYSICIANS' ADVICE AND CONCURRANCE. FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S ADVICE OR MEDICAL GUIDANCE THAT YOU TRUST.
    Last edited by CrashAxe; 12-05-20 at 04:11.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashAxe View Post
    I got 4 680L E tanks with Aviation Oxygen and Regulators early this summer to top off my capabilities just in case me or mine ended up with Covid and the local small hospital was at overflow. We had not been hit hard at the time, which meant it was coming this fall. It is bad here now.

I also have the equivalent of an urgent care clinic at my house to be able to treat minor injuries and illnesses of folks I trust so they don't have to go to the ER and risk getting COVID. I can at least get people through the weekend so that they can go see their regular doctor, optometrist, or dentist.

My two 20 somethings both got it Nov 18-19, mild cases, fortunately. One is better now, one still has the cough but is trending well. I have had them on the Eastern Virginia Medical School protocol with a few tweaks in dosages.

A hospitalist friend of mine's 20 y/o niece had COVID at college. She was in her dorm room. Her fever had just broken and she was feeling much better when she spoke with her parents at 2100. She was found dead in her dorm room the next morning, no signs of distress. Massive clots found in heart, lung, and brain, among other locations at autopsy. Apparently her blood was just full of clots.

My kiddos are taking 2 325 mg aspirin per day for at least 30 days following end of all symptoms with concurrence of every doc I know. I know of too many stories of current and recovered COVID pts with no thromboprophylaxis that have had sudden death from massive emboli, and multiple studies point to aspirin as being potentially of tremendous benefit as both a clot preventer and an anti inflammatory with little downside for those that can tolerate it.

NOTE: I AM NOT GIVING ADVICE HERE. MY KIDS ARE NOT CHILDREN. ASPIRIN IN CHILDREN IS USUALLY NOT ADVISED DUE TO POSSIBILITY OF REYE'S SYNDROME. PLEASE DON'T EAT A BOTTLE OF ASPIRIN OR GIVE YOUR 6 Y/O ASPIRIN BECAUSE CRASHAXE ON THE INTERNET TALKED ABOUT IT. I WILL BE THE FIRST TO CURSE YOU OUT AND CALL YOU A DUMBASS IF YOU DO. I HAVE ADVANCED MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE AND AM WORKING WITH MULTIPLE PHYSICIANS' ADVICE AND CONCURRANCE. FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S ADVICE OR MEDICAL GUIDANCE THAT YOU TRUST.
    Posted in the OP and it was way ahead of the curve.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 LastLast