Thread: .22

Feedback Score

For a long time I pretty much ignored .22 lr weapons

My very first gun at the tender age of 20 was a S&W 422. The head of the local bureau of arms recommended it for a beginner. I never warmed up to it, and I traded it for a S&W 66 six months later; it didn’t look like the pistols in the movies, was not pretty, didn’t have an external hammer, and shooting .22s was unimpressive for the young guy looking for a thrill.

Only later did I realise that many .22s are very nice and well made, shooting them can be a lot of fun, it’s obviously very cheap, and it’s fantastic practice.

So ten years after the 422 (which I don’t miss) I got a few .22s and enjoy them now

2002 - Beretta 87 target
    A nice and simple sport .22, nicely balanced, great for target practice and plinking

1973 - Colt diamondback
    Mini Python anyone ?

1990 - S&W 17-6
    Bought this cheap at an auction, opening bid at $ 480, very precise revolver and great looks to boot

1922 - S&W perfected target pistol single shot
    Another auction purchase on a whim, a very interesting gun

1968 - Beretta 950 b .22 short
    Of all the guns I own, it’s the only one from my birth year.
    I wonder what that tells me ?

1979 - Colt service Model Ace
    This one had some honest wear and an extended threaded barrel so it was reasonably priced at an LGS at $ 600. I already had the Parker-Hale silencer

1978 - Ruger Mk I target
    I wanted a Mk Ruger with bull barrel for a long time, I ended up with two. I really like this one without the lawyers warning on the barrel

1990 - Ruger Mk II target
    I had committed to buy this one from a private seller retiring from shooting, and won the mark I at an auction the same day. Oh well, they were cheap at $ 320 & 350

Undated - Hämmerli 215
    Bought this in a package deal. The trigger is amazing and I thought I’d practice one handed shooting but didn’t have much trigger time since I got it just before the Covid-19 confinement

Feedback Score

Undated - FN Browning trombone
    A nice little NIB pump action rifle found in the attic of an acquaintance

1965 - Unique X51
    I received this semi auto rifle from a friend who stopped shooting for health reasons. This was a very popular rifle in France, sold in department stores.

1992 - Ruger 10/22 shorty
    The 10/22 is also very popular here in Switzerland. I bought it at an auction at the opening bid of $ 430, the silencer was included and that sealed the deal for me

Undated - SIG P210 conversion

Last edited by OLIAR15; 04-15-20 at 20:00.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    OP, while the firearms you display are exceptional, please place them into the appropriate picture threads.

I started thinking on this and since your threads and pics are very unique and in a sense showing some history, they will stay open.

I doubt we would see others in the same realm. Of course we have Stick, but he has a section.

Do try to place the rifles in those sections.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!