Thread: New Pictures Thompson Semi Auto Rifle built in 1992

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New Pictures Thompson Semi Auto Rifle built in 1992

SPFs on another forum in 20 min.

Still for Sale, my Buyer just informed me he has been laid off and he can't purchase this A O 1927A1.

I am selling one Auto Ordnance 1927A1 Thompson Rifle in 45 acp. This 1927A1 was built in 1992 and was never shot. At that time Numrich arms owned AO and used many military parts from their huge inventory of Surplus Military Thompson Parts. It still has the Auto Ordnance Hang Tag in the trigger guard. It comes with one Auto Ordnance 20 Round Magazine. The walnut stocks were painted with a black textured paint. I read one post that these black painted stocks were marketed as Commando Models. I have also read posts in several forums that owners of these painted stocks sanded them down and found real nice walnut under the paint. The Thompson marked Compensator is threaded onto the barrel so it can be reused on an SBR threaded barrel.
    The finish is parkerized and it is very dry. It could use a good oiling. There is one mark on the left side of the receiver near the serial number that is in the finish. The metal is not scratched.

I have not disassembled or shot this AO 1927A1.

This 1927A1 is very easy to SBR. After getting your ATF approval for a short barrel installation you can buy a New 10.5” barrels from:

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/thompso...e-gun-barrels/

or a better grade barrel that is preferred by builders at:

http://thompsonbarrels.com/

Yes, there is a Bayonet Lug on the barrel. Why, I don’t know. Maybe for a flashlight.

Please contact me for any info or additional pictures.

My price is $1,250.00, "As Is", picked up. I will ship to an FFL only at your expense. Please make sure your FFL will accept shipments from a non-FFL. If I must go though an FFL at my end there will be an additional cost of $50.00. I take cash or USPS MO Only.

+++
    Last edited by md66948; 04-21-20 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Additional Pictures:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Bayonet Lug is functional:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    M7 Bayonet Mounted is not included in the sale:

Last edited by md66948; 04-21-20 at 14:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Also I have gotten several questions about the knurled knob on the front of the hand guard. This is what I found. Looks like the knurled knob is mounted on the front of the wood hand guard. I tried to twist it off but I could get it to budge. I have no idea why that is there.

Looks like the standard hand guard mount on the 1927.