Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: The One Gun Solution (GP Carbine) - Reality?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    You could have both, use the Aimpoint for fast shooting, flip up irons for precision at distance.

Plus there's the dot through the irons trick you could try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I experimented with that solution a little but I found it cumbersome and slow. Since then I have settled on the DD A1a rear with KNS precision "pin head" front. The front is small enough to not obliterate the target at 300m and the large aperture of the rear fast enough at close range. All this without the messy bloom of a ill defined red dot. I want a Elcan but the price.... Trijicon ACOG maybe.. Thinking about an Eotech with the 1MOA center dot with the 3X magnifier I still have. For some reason the Eotech isn't messy to my eyes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I experimented with that solution a little but I found it cumbersome and slow. Since then I have settled on the DD A1a rear with KNS precision "pin head" front. The front is small enough to not obliterate the target at 300m and the large aperture of the rear fast enough at close range. All this without the messy bloom of a ill defined red dot. I want a Elcan but the price.... Trijicon ACOG maybe.. Thinking about an Eotech with the 1MOA center dot with the 3X magnifier I still have. For some reason the Eotech isn't messy to my eyes.
    Considering that (some of) the mil is switching from the ACOG to the SigSauer scopes, you'll probably be able to scoop up a "surplus" ACOG for a pretty decent price in 2021 if that switch happens in the next fiscal year.

https://www.overtdefense.com/2020/10...20600%20meters.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    I attended a high volume fire training event prior to the pandemic and there were guys with $10,000 worth of kit and they couldn’t shoot worth bubblegum. Their carbines were not the practical weakness: they were.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    All right, dial it all back, please.

It was established well before now that anybody who can’t or own’t acknowledge that pistols and subguns are shitty mankillers, compared to rifle calibers, lacks technical objectivity. We only need to kick the corpse so much...
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    All right, dial it all back, please.

It was established well before now that anybody who can’t or own’t acknowledge that pistols and subguns are shitty mankillers, compared to rifle calibers, lacks technical objectivity. We only need to kick the corpse so much...
    Except, of course, the .45 ACP.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The context should indicate that pistols and subguns suck at killing people compared to rifles. If that didn’t click, or if it did and I’m still full of it, that’s cool and I’ll let you know the next time I’ve got a question about how to conduct a VBSS in 2003 bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You managed to justify the 12.5” for being velocity anemic and then turned the conversation into less kinetic energy is trash. So what is it? You kind of just proved my point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    For the record: I was the one who helped the admins ID this guy using multiple accounts to support his trolling. You’re welcome. Life imitates art.. BTW these memes will get the thread shut down so shhhh!
    Last edited by Core781; 10-20-20 at 10:42.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    You managed to justify the 12.5” for being velocity anemic and then turned the conversation into less kinetic energy is trash. So what is it? You kind of just proved my point.
    There is a night and day difference in terminal effects between a MP5 of any flavor and a Mk18 or 12.5” 5.56 gun.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    We have reached full internet circle of poo here.
    I see no compelling reason to continue this.
    Move alone, nothing to see here.
    Check please.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435