Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The One Gun Solution (GP Carbine) - Reality?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

The One Gun Solution (GP Carbine) - Reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Not at hand, but I'll check my files.

I DO NOT like offset dots with NODS, vastly prefer them on top of the primary optic in that application.
    Interesting. Maybe the Reptilla RMR mount on top of an LPVO would work then. Thanks for the info, it’ll probably be a while before I get into NODs but I’m trying to have everything ironed out before then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I had a long talk with John Noveske one time, and somewhere in it he commented that if he could only have one AR15, he would make sure it was a 12.5” barrel, because it was just about the perfect all around length when you figured out velocity and any reliability trade offs.
    It's very interesting you said that. When I started down this same path to The One True Carbine, I bought a Noveske 12.5" Crusader barrel with a Switchblock on it.

This is a fascinating thread, I'm going to make it a sticky. Jack - thank you so much for your input, it makes a ton of sense.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Interesting. Maybe the Reptilla RMR mount on top of an LPVO would work then. Thanks for the info, it’ll probably be a while before I get into NODs but I’m trying to have everything ironed out before then.

This is where I’m at too. Only had some limited training on a borrowed set so far and hoping I can swing a NODs setup in the next year or so. Don’t want to get to that point and find out I have to completely reconfigure my gun for NOD use.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    It's very interesting you said that. When I started down this same path to The One True Carbine, I bought a Noveske 12.5" Crusader barrel with a Switchblock on it.

This is a fascinating thread, I'm going to make it a sticky. Jack - thank you so much for your input, it makes a ton of sense.
    Agreed, lots of great knowledge shared so far in the thread. I’ve heard that John Noveske quote for years and it’s always stuck with me as well.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Maybe the Reptilla RMR mount on top of an LPVO would work then.
    It that setup works great, I have one on top of a NF 2.5-10x24 on my 14.5 Switchblock Noveske semi-precision rifle.

Funny how people went away from piggybacked RMRs because it was 'too high' / no cheekweld, only to start putting LPVOs on jacks up to 1.93" and now 2.04".

Feedback Score
    I feel like I've seen this animal before...

And shot it.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...2-5-GP-Carbine

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    It that setup works great, I have one on top of a NF 2.5-10x24 on my 14.5 Switchblock Noveske semi-precision rifle.

Funny how people went away from piggybacked RMRs because it was 'too high' / no cheekweld, only to start putting LPVOs on jacks up to 1.93" and now 2.04".
    I tried the 1.93" and liked it while standing but it did take a little more adjustment in the prone. I've since found that the Badger C1 in lower 1/3 (1.7ish) is an awesome compromise and I'm super happy with it, plus I'm experimenting with an offset RDS, hence my question.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I've actually been thinking about this lately, as I'd like to get rid of all my project guns, and keep just one AR-15 as my go to. I really don't want to spend the money on a tax stamp, so I'll probably keep my 14.5" P/W. The only thing I wish I did different, was getting a SOCOM mini instead of the RC2.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Interesting discussion on the same topic by Tu Lam:

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Interesting discussion on the same topic by Tu Lam:

I can’t take anything that guy says seriously.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast