Thread: Unintended (yet gratifying) Consequences of COVID

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Unintended (yet gratifying) Consequences of COVID

A trail cam shot from city limits of Wichita Ks., a suburbs housing development.
    One of my shooting buds neighbor.

A freaking Mountain Lion walking thru the weeds on a RR right of way.
    Up until 2 years ago Kansas Dept. of Wildlife INSISTED there were NO Mountain Lions in the state.

Just imagine what Mother Nature could do in 5 years if there were NO people.....

A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mountain Lions have been spotted all over KS for a lot of years now. They (or possibly just one) has been causing problems for some farmers near my folks in SE KS for a while. I'd say this has very little to do with Corona, and a lot to do with it being illegal to shoot them, and big cats going to do what big cats are going to do.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    A trail cam shot from city limits of Wichita Ks., a suburbs housing development.
    One of my shooting buds neighbor.

A freaking Mountain Lion walking thru the weeds on a RR right of way.
    Up until 2 years ago Kansas Dept. of Wildlife INSISTED there were NO Mountain Lions in the state.

Just imagine what Mother Nature could do in 5 years if there were NO people.....

Here in East Tennessee the TWRA will deny that there are any mountain lions and will not accept a sighting unless there is a date stamped picture. I know because my wife saw one with cubs (kittens?) as did a neighbor. And a farmer down the road has, too. But TWRA says that it couldn't be as the big cats don't live here.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I attribute the cats apparent ballsiness to the lack of activity or people milling around with the "Stay Home!" order.

And yes to the lack of candor on DWPs here, I've seen fresh pug marks on the bank of Fall River, saw a ML in SC Ks where we were building a fishing/hunting cabin for a client.
    This in the last couple years.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Here in East Tennessee the TWRA will deny that there are any mountain lions and will not accept a sighting unless there is a date stamped picture. I know because my wife saw one with cubs (kittens?) as did a neighbor. And a farmer down the road has, too. But TWRA says that it couldn't be as the big cats don't live here.
    We have had that issue in Michigan, where the MI DNR did their best to deny the presence of mountain lions, pissing off outdoorsmen who knew darned well what they had seen.

I talked to a MI DNR wildlife biologist at a wolf presentation who told me that the DNR knew full well there were mountain lions in the state, but the DNR did their best to deny that there were mountain lions living in MI because they knew that if they stated that there were mountain lions endemic in MI that they would be sued by environmental groups and forced to spend money they did not have in their budget developing a management plan to protect and increase their numbers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No mountain lions in Kentucky:

https://fw.ky.gov/Wildlife/Pages/Mountain-Lions.aspx

There are cougars though according to the Pocket Guide to Animal Tracks Found in Kentucky:

https://fw.ky.gov/More/Pages/For-Kids.aspx

Feedback Score
    I thinks it’s along the lines of Crashaxe’s post. Once they start acknowledging, verifying, trying to count, we end up with a ‘management plan’.

The few that make it here from SD or wherever, are best ignored. The deer have enough pressure from wolves, coyotes, & other predators without adding Mtn lions. The anti hunters would love to fill the woods with unhuntable(legally) predators and no deer.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Cool pic, thanks for sharing! Love Lions