Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: technical question on the colt side swivel mount

Feedback Score

technical question on the colt side swivel mount

Hi, i am going to install the original colt (yes, i know it's not actually produced by Colt) side swivel mount on my coltLE 6921 for a build. One of the pieces of the side swivel mount is a bar with 2 holes for rollpins, right? this bar has a number (12991254) on one side and another shorter number on the opposite side. Do you know which one of these two sides should be oriented towards the front of the rifle, considering that i will mount the swivel on the left side of the rifle with the swivel folding towards the fron of the rifle (as the M4 manual says)? in other words, should the 12991254 marked side of the bar with pin holes be oriented towards the muzzle or toward the handguard? Below you can find an explainatory picture. Sorry for the bad english, this is not my native language. Greetings from Italy.

thank you very much

Feedback Score
    Dimensionally the bar is the same, side to side. Personally, I’ve always installed with part number aft, toward the receiver

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Dimensionally the bar is the same, side to side. Personally, I’ve always installed with part number aft, toward the receiver
    thanks leonardo. Are you some kind of armourer? By the way, what does aft means?
    However you have an italian first name, are you italian?

Feedback Score
    Rearward
    Have the stamped part number facing to the rear

Feedback Score
    Rearward
    Have the stamped part number facing to the rear
    thanks. when you guys say "part number" are tou referring to the 12991254 side or to the other one with the shorter number? by the way this forum is incredible, so much informations, you guys are great! How do you know which side goes rearward? have you any experience as a military armourer or something like that?

Feedback Score
    Not an armorer.
    Built my share of rifles, been shooting the M16/AR for 35 years
    There is no wrong way to install the block, I have just placed the drawing number, the one you wrote to the rear

Feedback Score
    Not an armorer.
    Built my share of rifles, been shooting the M16/AR for 35 years
    There is no wrong way to install the block, I have just placed the drawing number, the one you wrote to the rear

Hi there! at the same time i posted this thread, i also wrote at COLT CS. They said me the opposite of what you said, the part number is toward the muzzle. Also the guy i talked with had to check the "personal rifles of a friend" so it not a very definitive answer. Do you know if someone here in the forum was or is an armourer of armed forces?

Feedback Score
    Doesn’t really matter.....install the damn thing and get to shooting

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately i can't cause i'm quarantined
    In the weekend i have plenty of time, that's why i am taking my time to decide what to do also for such small details. During the week i work in a hospital in milan as a doctor so thinking of my build and doing researches of this kind helps me getting a little distraction from the 16 hours per day i'm working now. Again, tnd thank you for the answers.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    It doesn't matter unless you have Rain Man levels of OCD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast