Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: technical question on the colt side swivel mount

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The block is probably installed at random. I have seen the writing facing either direction.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The block is probably installed at random. I have seen the writing facing either direction.
    Thanks! i think so, i got many differet answers.

Feedback Score
    Forward to muzzle is to use with M203 but it can go towards handguard. If mounted to fold back with M203 it can jam between 203 barrel and it when loading or ejecting case. Not a problem for most of us.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Yes, the only thing that matters regarding the side swivel sling mount, is that the sling loop MUST swing toward the muzzle. THAT'S IT.

Feedback Score
    blade 68 is correct if you are using the side sling swivel on an M4 with an M203 GL (folding to the front so it would not interfere with the barrel latch). The side sling swivel was originally designed for use on the M16A1 with an M203 GL as the regular bottom sling swivel was not accessible (and usually removed). The side sling swivel was mounted folding to the rear in that configuration. I was an armorer.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Am I correct in remembering that a backwards folding side swivel will open your 203?
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I install it so that the sling loop lays flat towards the muzzle end. The handguard is somewhat in the way of it laying flat toward the handguard, especially when a sling is attached. I’ve seen it either way even on issued rifles.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by broke_shooter View Post
    I should have been more clear also when I said it doesnt matter which way it faces, I meant from a functional standpoint. I had my sling mounted on it with it facing both ways and it works just fine. The only con to mounting it the "wrong" way is like you said, it makes it almost impossible to mount the panel.
    I mounted mine so the sling swivel can lay flat against the handguard. My thinking was tha with the angled portion to the rear it would provide a leverage point against the pin holding the sling swivel itself into the mount.

Attachment 62260
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123