Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Plague Pistol" build.

Feedback Score

The "Plague Pistol" build.

I'm calling this the "Plague Pistol" because it's been sitting around unfinished for months, and I just ordered the last of the parts I need, with my plague payment... lol. Now, this isn't a high dollar deal, but like all poverty stricken home builders, that's not stopping me from expecting the damn thing from working. I'm going the Glock route, as I don't own anything Colt, but I already have 2 Glocks, a 17, and a 45 that both take the same mags.

I started off with everyone's favorite... the PSA pistol lower, because it was cheap, complete, and easy to find. The upper is a Spartan. I got it private sale. It has the LRBHO and a kinda cool "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" engraved on the right side. It's new, as was the barrel I found from another private sale, an 8" PSA.

So, I got my plague payment, and decided to finish this thing. Brownells is sending me their charging handle, and BCG, and I have a 7" Midwest Industries M-Lok rail, Sig Romeo 5, and thread protector coming from another source.

Eventually, it will probably get a light, and a hand stop, but at least it will be functional. Got Jeep parts to buy as well...

So far the best thing about her is her name, but anyhow here she is...
    Ladies, and Gentlemen, I give you, The Plague Pistol. (almost)

More to follow once she's done.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 04-19-20 at 09:16.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think it will look just fine, show us pics when done. Also would like to hear range/reliability report.

Mostly I am ready for updates on the Jeep project!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I think it will look just fine, show us pics when done. Also would like to hear range/reliability report.

Mostly I am ready for updates on the Jeep project!
    That has it's own thread.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ug-out-vehicle

Going slow, but it's started rolling again. Buying parts for reassembly of the front axle at the moment.

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    I'm about to start my first ever build, and let me tell you, you're making it hard not to dip into bill money to do it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBevis View Post
    I'm about to start my first ever build, and let me tell you, you're making it hard not to dip into bill money to do it
    I just found a better tub for my Jeep build that the guy says is just about rust free... I'm starting to second guess my own decisions... This is one of the reasons why I was putting off finishing this pistol. I go buy the rest of the parts, and boom... find what I need for the Jeep.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 04-27-20 at 17:28.

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I just found a better tub for mu Jeep build that the guy says is just about rust free... I'm starting to second guess my own decisions... This is one of the reasons why I was putting off finishing this pistol. I go buy the rest of the parts, and boom... find what I need for the Jeep.
    I understand that completely.
    I'm 21 and just bought my first ever vehicle last year, 1987 Dodge D150 long bed regular cab, Slant 6 with an 833OD 4 speed. I knew I was buying a project when I got it because it was lowered and needed a trans, but that Slant is built all to 40 hells and I have a love for those old Dodge trucks, so I figured why not. Turns out the driveshaft was too long after lowering and the back bearing in the tail shaft of the tranny was busted.
    Cut the driveshaft and get a new trans from my boss, just to figure out that the new trans has a bad bearing inside
    Now I'm trying to build up the courage to separate two transmissions and build one good one from the parts

Feedback Score
    So the Romeo 5 comes in the other day.

The BCG, and the charging handle come in today.

I've got an old Streamlight in an Arisaka mount off my old .300 BO SBR I plan to use, but no Midwest Industries rail yet. I'm really hating how this plague is interfering with parts shipping out for my Plague Pistol...

I go to check... not even an e-mail about the order.

I go back to the Brownells site... I had left it in my cart... Well, now I wait for another week or so... I did, however find an old handguard from a 7.5" gunshow special 5.56 pistol upper I bought maybe 15 years or so back, so I slapped it on for now just to make it operational while I wait...

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just needs a LAW folder and it would be complete
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Looking good. Interested to see how it looks with the MI rail.

I know of the Jeep thread, I follow and enjoy reading...it is more like a blog
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Looking good. Interested to see how it looks with the MI rail.

I know of the Jeep thread, I follow and enjoy reading...it is more like a blog
    Oh great... I'm a blogger.

I guess I do get long winded...

Their dogs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast