Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IWI Zion-15

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

IWI Zion-15

Just got the new IWI Zion-15.
    Obviously haven't been to the range with it yet but this feels like a excellent quality rifle.
    If you've purchased complete rifles from other big names (DD, BCM, Ect) you'll feel a familiar quality. All staking looks great including the castle nut. Upgraded furniture is a nice touch. This is my first time using the B5 grip wit texture and I LOVE it. I may like it more than the K2 that's on literally every other AR I own. Some of you might recognize the rail design.

Thinking I'll probably move my Accupower over to this rifle for now.
    Also have some FCD goodies on the way already.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    At least they aren’t a dollar short

EDIT: That may sound negative. I mean, though they are coming in long after the AR market had fully matured, it seems that they didn’t cheap out on materials.
    Looking forward to range reports. The price point is solidly under BCM and Colt.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 04-19-20 at 14:07.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    At least they aren’t a dollar short
    Hahahaha. The reason they started with an AR was to get a manufacturing facility up and running here in the US. And why not start with the most popular, best selling rifle in the country?

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    Hahahaha. The reason they started with an AR was to get a manufacturing facility up and running here in the US. And why not start with the most popular, best selling rifle in the country?

Yeah, I was editing my comment when you sent this. I agree, probably a good choice on their part.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    The reason they started with an AR was to get a manufacturing facility up and running here in the US.
    What exactly are they manufacturing? The rail looks to be a custom design from Cross Machine & Tool, the furniture is B5 Systems, the upper receiver is a Brass Aluminum forging... The Firearm Blog claims that IWI doesn't make the BCG or the barrel, either.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    What exactly are they manufacturing? The rail looks to be a custom design from Cross Machine & Tool, the furniture is B5 Systems, the upper receiver is a Brass Aluminum forging... The Firearm Blog claims that IWI doesn't make the BCG or the barrel, either.
    The rollmark, baby.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Just like a lot of AR-15 "manufacturers..."

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    They must be busy. They are hiring assembly line workers and offering $13.50 an hour. I know assembling an AR isn't rocket science but it is hard to find hamburger assembly line workers for $13.50 an hour.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    The rollmark, baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Just like a lot of AR-15 "manufacturers..."
    My point exactly. Surely the OP is aware of this, but he's sure acting like he's not...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    seems like a very nice rifle coming in at a very competitive price point and feature set (stock, grip, rail, full-auto bcg). I'm sure it will sell very well if IMI will be able to get it to their dealers and store displays.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast