Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: IWI Zion-15

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have had one for several months now.

I got it because it was priced decent and I am a fan of IWI. I own an original Galil ARM 392, UZI Model B, X95, and thought having an IWI AR would be fun.

The overall fit and finish and quality control is excellent. Pyzik is correct when he says if you are familiar with DD or BCM or other higher end rifles this will feel similar. Is it a KAC or DD? No it is not but it definitely is not garbage either. I have just over 700 rounds through it so far. Nothing special as far as round count goes by any means but it has been 100% reliable so far. I added a Larue MBT trigger to mine even though the OEM trigger was good. The OEM trigger felt similar to a BCM trigger IMHO. It shoots well enough. All of the rounds I have put through it so far have been Federal Black Pack 55gr .223 and without trying hard at all it puts them in a rough 2 MOA group. It is not a lights out bull barrel target rifle but it is more capable than I am with my nearly 50 year old eyes.

I will eventually put better glass on it. Right now its got a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 that works well enough but I want something better on it.

I don't have any complaints about the Zion15 and would recommend it to anyone who cared to ask. Just my 2 cents worth.

Good enough with bulk ammo.
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 07-06-20 at 16:06.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Maybe I'm just running on too little sleep, but why would I care that IWI is hiring Americans to run their factories in the US? HK did the same thing, as have many other manufacturers.

My only complaint is the cost of ammo currently. We should have been seeing it cheaper pre-virus.
    My thought almost as well but with no sleep issue.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just named my new born son Zion and I'm looking for one of these. Can't find one sonic y'all can point me in the right direction. Looks great for the price.

Feedback Score
    For what it is worth for those that have concern, IWI went through a privatization process and is no longer owned by the government. If memory serves me correct, the government now owns zero part of the company.

I also am not a fan of the Israeli government, it is way to liberal.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Bumping this for ongoing updates.
    Still checks all the right boxes at an excellent price.

Feedback Score
    I know the last post here was in July, but I thought I'd chime in here and say that I decided to buy a Zion 15 because of the price: $800, and the features it comes with: mid-length gas system, 16" button-rifled chrome lined 1:8 heavy barrel, B-5 stock and grip, 15" MLOK rail. I have been scouting around for an AR and have been reading everything I can online in forums, like this one, and so forth and made a list of features I thought would fit my purposes and needs and then read more about the Zion 15. I was a bit hesitant because it is new, but figured given the situation, I took the plunge.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I know the last post here was in July, but I thought I'd chime in here and say that I decided to buy a Zion 15 because of the price: $800, and the features it comes with: mid-length gas system, 16" button-rifled chrome lined 1:8 heavy barrel, B-5 stock and grip, 15" MLOK rail. I have been scouting around for an AR and have been reading everything I can online in forums, like this one, and so forth and made a list of features I thought would fit my purposes and needs and then read more about the Zion 15. I was a bit hesitant because it is new, but figured given the situation, I took the plunge.
    And what is your impression?
    Reliable? Accurate? Lives up to your needs?

Mark

Feedback Score
    I just ordered it and I hope to have it very soon. More details later.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    As I said in my initial post, I simply am not a fan of the Israeli Government and I'm unsure how much the Israeli Government still controls IWI.

Maybe rephrasing the question would clarify my concern 'Do we want a company potentially controlled by a foreign government building a factory on our shores?'

Remember Israel recently signed management/control of Haifa Harbor over to a Chinese company, and I'm pretty sure most of us believe that ALL Chinese companies have connections to the Chinese government.
    Anyone who wants to build a factory in the US to hire US workers is welcome. We send our factories all over the world, why wouldn't we accept a factory? And they're making AR's DUH.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Anyone who wants to build a factory in the US to hire US workers is welcome. We send our factories all over the world, why wouldn't we accept a factory? And they're making AR's DUH.
    Apparently, 26 Inf has no comprehension of how things work. FN is here, in the USA, and is making more weapons for the US Military than anyone else, plus does anyone else smell the whiff of Anti-Semitism from this guy?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast