Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IWI Zion-15

Feedback Score
    What does the barrel profile look like on these?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    My point exactly. Surely the OP is aware of this, but he's sure acting like he's not...
    Not acting like anything. Simply stating what they've said in their SHOT show video. Maybe I should have said assembly?
    Either way, they stated the point was to begin abilities here in the US to support Israeli built rifles and possibly future capabilities to produce them State side.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pyzik; 04-19-20 at 17:13. Reason: Wrong quote
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowNotEverything View Post
    What does the barrel profile look like on these?
    Website States SOCOM profile. Here is a phone pic.

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    Website States SOCOM profile. Here is a phone pic.
    Not a bad profile, but that's not SOCOM. Looks similar to the Ballistic Advantage "performance" profile.

Here's an example of a SOCOM profile barrel, from BCM's site:

Feedback Score
    Also has neither a chrome lined barrel or even cheap-ass nitriding (according to the website).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Also has neither a chrome lined barrel or even cheap-ass nitriding (according to the website).
    Sounds like the target barrels that Rock River sells.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I asked someone at IWI....

"It is 4150cmv, nitride in an out. Gas port is 0.078" IIRC. The barrel profile isn't quite SOCOM, but isn't quite government or Hbar either.
    We did accuracy checks several times over 10,000 rounds of testing and it holds up very well."

david@damagephotos.com

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Biggest question I have right now: Legal in MD? I’m guessing not, based on the barrel profile. I know they referred to it as SOCOM-profile, but it is narrower, and it wouldn’t be helpful if their reps are stating it is not HBAR.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    The rollmark, baby.
    That's what I'm in for!!!

Edit: Explaining, I like to buy lowers with cool looking roll marks for the rifles I assemble. So far, CMT and Sionics are my favorites. Palmetto and Anderson made the show when I was young and dumb, but boy those are butt-ugly rollmarks.

But, to my point, I'm not a fan of the Israeli government, not a fan of the government, folks, please differentiate that from the Jewish faith. Based on that, I'm a little concerned about IWI opening small arms production on U/S/ shores. When I googled IWI ties to Israeli government and then IWI privatizationthis is what I found:

Israel Weapon Industries (IWI), formerly the Magen division of the Israel Military Industries Ltd. (IMI), is an Israeli firearms manufacturer. It was founded in 1933. Formerly owned by the State of Israel, in 2005, the Small Arms Division of IMI was privatized and renamed IWI.

IWI is one of the world's most famous and bestselling military arms manufacturers.[2] The Magen division rose to international prominence in the 1950s, as the creator of the Uzi, of which over 10 million would be produced, netting billions of dollars for the company.

Do we really think IWI has completely broken ties with their Government? Do we want them building factories on our shores?
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-19-20 at 21:06.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    That's what I'm in for!!!

Edit: Explaining, I like to buy lowers with cool looking roll marks for the rifles I assemble. So far, CMT and Sionics are my favorites. Palmetto and Anderson made the show when I was young and dumb, but boy those are butt-ugly rollmarks.
    I get you. If I had more money than I knew what to do with, I would have a stripped lower receiver collection, (basically a rollmark collection).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast