Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foxtrot mike?

Feedback Score
    Update on my FM9. In my first two outings of about 100 rounds each I had one or two failures to feed with Glock and Magpul magazines. After the second outing I cleaned it and polished the edge of the chamber where there would be a feed ramp.

In the latest two range sessions I’ve put at least 300 rounds through it with no failures of any kind using Glock 17 round magazines, Magpul 21 round magazines, and 31 round ETS magazines. All of the rounds I’ve fired have been my own reloads loaded to max - mostly 147 grain bullets with Power Pistol and Longshot.

One note on the ETS magazines, loaded to 20 rounds they insert into the FM9 easily. At 25 rounds they require a little force. At full capacity they are very difficult to insert but work fine and drop free when empty.

Finally, I picked up an A2 style flash hider and put it on. It’s slightly shorter than the unit that comes with the FM9 and lighter. I’m sure it helps with recoil but not as much as a good stance.

I’m really liking the FM9. It’s fun to shoot, easy to shoot well, and inexpensive to shoot.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I picked up a FM 5" Pistol from a Primary Arms sale a while back. I specifically wanted the model with the "standard" charging handle to keep things consistent with my other ARs. Only shot about 100 rounds through it. No failures using Glock factory 33 round mags. The build quality has a cheap feel to me. I noticed right way the "blast" muzzle device wasn't on tight. The safety selector feels cheap to me and doesn't have a very strong detent feel.

I plan to replace the trigger, safety selector, grip and muzzle device soon. Not sure what muzzle device I'll go with. It sits back under the handguard which I really don't like.

I'll shoot more rounds and try some Magpul mags and report back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post

I’m really liking the FM9. It’s fun to shoot, easy to shoot well, and inexpensive to shoot.
    I'm a fan of Foxtrot Mike products. In my experience they are well built and they shoot great. I have experienced a few failures during the initial break in, first 100 rounds or so. After that (and a good cleaning or two) everything operates buttery smooth.

Feedback Score
    I look at the Foxtrot Mike as the M&P Sport II of 9mm ARs. It’s got some good components and features but it requires a little “user intervention” to get it up to snuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12