Thread: Arisaka SMR 416 Mount with Geissele Mk1 Rail

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

Arisaka SMR 416 Mount with Geissele Mk1 Rail

If anyone else is curious; yes, you can technically use these mounts with a PEQ and a Mk1, albeit in a limited role.

In order to clear the lens covers, you have to insure the head of the light is forward of the PEQ as shown below. Additionally, with both a 600 series Arisaka body and a factory Scout, you have to mount the light to the "bottom" of the 3 holes to insure clearance.

This is an incredibly niche thing, but I'm sure someone else out there was wondering about this. And yes; it will work on the other side of the PEQ for you south paws or anyone wanting to run a tailswitch vs tapeswitch.

Factory Scout body:

Arisaka 600 body:

I don't have any on hand, but I'm certain a mini Scout/300 body will work.

I am unsure of clearance with any of the Modlite setups. I am unsure of how much more variance in placement you could achieve with a DBAL vs a PEQ.
    Last edited by GTF425; 04-20-20 at 13:41. Reason: Terminology clarification

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Excellent, I’ve been wondering about this. Just for clarification, you’re using the SMR 416 offset mount?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Excellent, I’ve been wondering about this. Just for clarification, you’re using the SMR 416 offset mount?
    That is correct, sorry for the terminology error.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Man, you just answered a question I've been wondering for months. I'm running a Unity Tactical Micro Hub 2.0 with the light on the same side. Since the hub sits behind the PEQ, it really interferes with the ability to run a tape switch (Surefire or TAPS).

This would clear up that top rail and allow me to run the switch behind the PEQ as I'd originally intended. I'm also not sure how much I like this setup I have currently anyway, as the cantilever of the light feels flimsy and feels like it could bend if caught on something just right.

I'm running a MK3 rail, so I'm almost positive I'd have to source some longer screws to reach the backing plate as the MK3 doesn't have thread inserts in the rail itself.

Side note: What front sight post is that? I've got the RailScales LEAF, but yours appears to be different. I was unaware anyone else made one.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post

Side note: What front sight post is that? I've got the RailScales LEAF, but yours appears to be different. I was unaware anyone else made one.

Thanks for the info.
    It's the Midwest Industries PEQ sight.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...i-peq15-fs.htm

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    It's the Midwest Industries PEQ sight.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...i-peq15-fs.htm
    Thanks.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score

How do you like that Surefire muzzle device? I just installed one and haven’t yet had a chance to put it through the paces.

Not to sidetrack the thread but since we’re discussing things that don’t get discussed much.