Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
You don't say what you are shooting, but some of the Euro pistols are designed to shoot 124 grain bullets and you'll most likely see the best reliability using the round it was designed to shoot. That being said, I own a bunch of Euro pistols and while I don't shoot 147gr a ton, I've never ran into a reliability issue. Just something to be aware of at least.

I usually hand load and reserve 147gr for subsonic applications and use 124gr HP's for self defense rounds. I like the higher velocity of the 124's to ensure reliable expansion.

YMMV IMBCFOS
You're right, I forgot to include specific platforms.

SIG MPX 4.5" (9mm)
SIG Rattler 5.5" (300BLK)
GLOCK(s) (9mm)

You don't think 147's are as reliable with expansion as a 124 +P?

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
I am not a fan of a 5.5" barrel rifle in 300 blk using subsonic ammo.

I fail to see what it give you, other than a poor substitute for a PCC.

I have a B&T TP9, that also has a 5.5" barrel, but due to design it is even shorter than the Rattler. It has magazines that take up less storage space than your rifle magazines. I really like in concept the Leigh Defense round in 9mm a 65 grain bullet going at least 1800fps.

With a rifle you can get down so short that you lose what made a rifle a superior tool to begin with.
If the 300blk subsonic round was in fact expanding at those low velocities, would it not be better to sling 190gr rifle rounds at a target v 147's? Honest question because I don't know.

I've always been a fan of the TP9. Never used one but if they had something like that accepting Glock mags, I'd be all over it haha. Doesn't B&T say not to use any suppressor other than their specific can with that system? Not opposed to that necessarily; just not sure if I want to commit to that system with a tax stamp.

If those expanding 190's were in fact performing better terminally compared to a 147 inside of those CQB distances; then popping that mag of 110VMAX in outside of that is no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
1. The +p is a little better for the 124gr, but not the 147, so you can skip the +p when using the 147gr.

2. For sd/hd, the benefits vs noise of supersonics is well worth the trade-off. I don’t understand why you find supersonic acceptable for 9mm, but not 300blk. If you are popping pests in the back yard, sure, go subsonic. But why limit terminal performance for no real benefit in a life/death situation? The silencer is going to make a huge difference even with supers.
I see what you're saying. Allow me to clarify, I'd only consider subsonic acceptable for 300blk if they were loads designed to expand at those low velocities like the SUB-X and Lehigh Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
If you want quiet + known terminal performance, PCC with 147gr would be my choice.

147gr is subsonic in 9mm because that is the max velocity at normal pressure. It's not downloaded to be subsonic. All the 147gr bullets are designed to function at that velocity, so you are not giving up any terminal performance.

124gr +P has a noticeably sharper recoil in a pistol for me, so I just stick to 147gr in all my 9mm. But I wouldn't feel any need to dump good quality 124gr if I had it.
I appreciate that. This may seem like dumb question but i'm confused as to what the point of a 124 +P round is when everyone who has replied seems to essentialyl say there aren't really added benefits to the increase in felt recoil.