Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is a 10" SBR Effective at 50 yds Using 75gr. Ammo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Because the idiot social media generation thinks they know everything from sitting on the toilet while watching youtube videos of anoraks unboxing a new gun.

Shit there was a thread on here the other day where 20 year old geeks were trying to "educate" a CAG vet.
    Except, it was mods, staff, SMEs and industry professionals, not 20yr olds.

Pretty sure you're thinking of Molon.

ETA: No regular poster had the ability to change DocGKR's tag to Dentist, as an example.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-07-20 at 11:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As this's drifted a bit, I would like to make something perfectly clear before a course correction.

The grass is NOT greener on TOS, or about any other site for that matter, they have just as much dirty laundry (actually more).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Sure would be nice if people could learn to communicate via the written word again... this crap about everybody has to bury everything in a podcast or video is just obnoxious.
    No kidding. I see a video and skim right over it.
    I completely agree. Every self-proclaimed “influencer” or YouTube personality wants to pontificate ad nauseum. I cannot stand gun videos unless I’m watching fullauto dumps without much if any discussion. And don’t get me started on Bookface and instagram. They are the worst ways to discuss things.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Because the idiot social media generation thinks they know everything from sitting on the toilet while watching youtube videos of anoraks unboxing a new gun.

Shit there was a thread on here the other day where 20 year old geeks were trying to "educate" a CAG vet.
    What thread was that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    you'd need a varmint bullet to expect expansion in flesh at 1600 fps. Best figure on 1800 fps. I favor the Nosler 60 gr Partiion, 2400 fps, with AA 2520 powder, it's almost impossible to get that bullet now, tho, in virus-time. It still expands in coyotes at 200m.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What thread was that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...e-World/page12

Photos have been removed, but it was this thread.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've just begun evaluating bullets in living things instead of jello, over the last half decade. I find it is very pertinent and covers things gel doesn't. My goal is to kill things fast and effective vs attain expertdom. Not to say gel isn't good though especially for comparisons head to head.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    Social media is cancer and there are only a few gun groups that I am in that are worth a shit.
    Social Media? Good God, have you ever been to a gun store or a range...95% of the people there don't a clue what they are talking about yet think they are some how God's gift to the firearm's community.

This isn't a social media thing...AFAIK it's a firearms community filled with FUDDs and BUBBAs thing.

Anywho.... I did similar research when looking for rounds for my wife 10.5 HD rifle. I ended up using Hornady 68 BTHP as that is what was readily available and was listed to work well. I pushed them to 2500-2550 fps from that 10.5 barrel with H322 for a low flash, low recoil, accurate round. They also shoot really well out of my 14.7 BA barrel. I did a bunch of research and it appears they reliably do their down to thing to 2400 fps with some reports of them working well down to 2100 fps. That aught to work well for HD ranges. I am also able to create them for FAR less than a dollar a round. If I could find them I would buy a case or two of Frontier 5.56 68BTHP. They are slightly less accurate but get another 100 fps.
    Last edited by TomPenguin5145; 11-17-20 at 15:21.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234