Thread: Questions on cleaning stainless and swapping parts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Questions on cleaning stainless and swapping parts

Hi guys Just picked up this AMT Hardballer. Gun is basically brand new. Has a lot of built up grease that’s really stubborn on the inside of the slide. I let some CLP soak and scrubbed what I could out with a nylon brush. In the pics they show what remains that I cleaned off, it’s cake on. There is no rust on this gun. Also, when I reassembled it I marked the frame where the slide stop goes in. Any tips to polish that out?
    The gun is a pain to disassemble. I see why people swap a lot of parts and I want to replace the spring plug with a stainless textured one as long as it’ll take any random plug. Tips? Thanks.

5B4443FD-7491-4B21-89F2-894B64F60FC4.jpg

52EEA082-71B8-4733-98F9-571E22F31DD1.jpg

F8A483DE-F64D-46D5-933F-3D55614346D7.jpg

4E2D0183-D084-46FB-B820-EF46C53ECF1B.jpg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krp7894 View Post
    Hi guys Just picked up this AMT Hardballer. Gun is basically brand new. Has a lot of built up grease that’s really stubborn on the inside of the slide. I let some CLP soak and scrubbed what I could out with a nylon brush. In the pics they show what remains that I cleaned off, it’s cake on. There is no rust on this gun. Also, when I reassembled it I marked the frame where the slide stop goes in. Any tips to polish that out?
    The gun is a pain to disassemble. I see why people swap a lot of parts and I want to replace the spring plug with a stainless textured one as long as it’ll take any random plug. Tips? Thanks.
    That frame is bead blasted. Polishing there is going to make it worse. Needs to be bead blasted again in that spot to make the scratch go away.

Carb and choke cleaner might work on the gunk and will not harm a thing.