Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig MPX

Feedback Score
    I’m pretty sure that I need one! I can’t seem to find a 4.5” K. I might have to go with a copperhead just to get one. It’s not as nice looking but supposedly it operates the same and would fit in my backpack.

Feedback Score
    If you can get your hands on one, get it. I have an 8 inch barrel on mine two years old just over 2000 rounds out of it never skipped a beat. I run mine suppressed,accurate little SOB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lew.45 View Post
    I’m pretty sure that I need one! I can’t seem to find a 4.5” K. I might have to go with a copperhead just to get one. It’s not as nice looking but supposedly it operates the same and would fit in my backpack.
    There are a few places that carry them, but they go out of stock quickly. Don't expect them to go on sale anywhere either. Put yourself on the notification list with a couple of sellers and be prepared to jump on it when they come in stock. I ordered mine from Palmetto State Armory. Right after I placed my order, they went out of stock and over the next couple of days, they came back in stock and went out of stock several times.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-...pmpx-4b-9.html

(ETA link)
    Last edited by griff411; 05-10-20 at 19:01.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Had a somewhat larger version of the MPX; loved how it was made, but mine was less than reliable, even after a trip to the mothership.
    Also, I'm a little perplexed at these ultra-short PCCs; they really gain little in handiness, and fail to give a boost in velocity compared to a handgun.
    I've got a Colt 9mm SBR (10.5"), and a CZ Scorp (8"). The Colts are made of unobtanium these days, but the Scorp is really worth a look. They are relatively inexpensive, as are their magazines ($18@ vs $60 for the SIG (!) ), and mine has proven extremely reliable no matter what I feed it. The standard irons are quite good, but a red dot is on mine. You will want a stock/brace.
    Yeah, PCCs are a ball. They make empties of full ones in a hellfire hurry!
    Moon
    They are definitely fun. Even practical if they used the same magazines as your pistol. They may not seem as handy, and the short ones don’t gain a lot of velocity,

But,

Draw and fire a pistol, launch five rounds fast at a target 10-15 meters away. Rapidly change magazines, shoot another five rounds.

You will likely get a group something like this

OR this

Now do it with your carbine/braced pistol -

It will likely look something like this,

Which may not be that big a deal at 25m or under.
    But you sure reliably get a lot more hits at 50m, let alone 100.

And they are more wieldy with 30 round mags than a pistol.

And a novice with a little training and not much practice can reliably use it effectively in comparison to a pistol.

And,
    To reiterate, fun.

Less dedicated relatives frustrated with pistols and rifle round carbines can often be lured to the dark side with them as a gateway gun.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Without a doubt, easier to hit things with a long gun, especially if everything goes sideways.
    Preaching to the choir, ram'!
    Moon

Feedback Score
    As of this moment, Midway has MPX-Ks in stock, but if you want one, you'll have to move fast!

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...d=306817<br />

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by griff411; 05-12-20 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I was talking to some knowledgeable guys at my LGS, and they said do not buy the Copperhead. They were all about the MPX, just not the copperhead. I have no idea why but they cringed when I asked about them. Just two LGS guys perspective.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I'm surprised to see that these are still available...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...d=306817<br />

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I was talking to some knowledgeable guys at my LGS, and they said do not buy the Copperhead. They were all about the MPX, just not the copperhead. I have no idea why but they cringed when I asked about them. Just two LGS guys perspective.

PB
    I have had great luck with my Copperhead - barrel has a little odd flash hider yet I replaced it with an ILWT 3-lug. Also have a gen 1 MPX which has been great as well. Both are smooth shooting unlike the blow back Scorpion (have those as well.)
    Arms Unlimited has the K in stock: https://www.armsunlimited.com/Sig-Sa...pmpx-4b-ch.htm

Feedback Score
    triode, for a time I had a Scorp and an MPX; smoother shooting was one of the reasons to try the locked breech SIG. Frankly, I couldn't tell much difference in recoil; the Scorp has a factory stock (it's SBR) and the MPX had a brace.
    But the MPX misbehaved occasionally, while the Scorp never has...using its $20 magazines. Finally got distrustful of the SIG (it had even been to the mothership) and moved it along.
    Realize many here have been happy with the MPX, and I was truly disappointed that mine acted up...I may try again sometime. But a Scorp and a Colt probably fill my dance card for 9mm carbines.
    Moon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast