Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sig MPX

Feedback Score
    With the heavy bolt in the Scorpion I notice the inertia as it cycle. Not significant yet clearly more gun movement then the MPX. Neither of my MPXs has had any issues with Gen 1 or Gen 2 mags. I had an occasional failure to eject on the Scorpion using Magpul mags - apparently they can drag the bolt and there is an easy fix. That said, I like the ergonomics once you swap the safeties. CZ also beats MPX on mag prices and availability.

On the Copperhead - I tried the side folding pistol brace and liked it better than the telescoping. More comfortable and makes the gun a little shorter when folded.

Feedback Score
    Triode, spot on about the perceived recoil in a blowback; the difference between a blowback PPK and a locked breech G42 as an example. But I didn't notice nearly as much difference between the Scorp and the MPX.
    One thing I did discover with the OEM stock for the Scorp; there's a slope leading up to the rear of the gun itself. If you climb the stock, and rest your cheek there, you'll not like the recoil. Run the stock out one click, rest your cheek a little further back, and all is well. I've a Romeo red dot on mine, on a QD riser. The irons won't cowitness, but they don't get in the sight picture either. With the QD, the dot can be off quickly.
    Yeah, good ergos on both guns, the MPX being AR-like. Frankly prefer the Scorp's charging handle. I ground
    off the right hand safety lever about ten minutes after it came home.
    My Gen I mags wouldn't run worth a damn, BTW.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    So yesterday I purchased an MPX K Copperhead. It’s all black with a 4.5” threaded barrel and a Timney flat trigger. I will be shooting it tomorrow morning. I’ll give an update after.

Feedback Score
    Supposedly it’s one of only 500 made!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lew.45 View Post
    So yesterday I purchased an MPX K Copperhead. It’s all black with a 4.5” threaded barrel and a Timney flat trigger. I will be shooting it tomorrow morning. I’ll give an update after.
    Congrats, looking forward to update.

Feedback Score
    Wow! I love it! I ran 350 rounds through it at the range today. It was awesome. I was hitting every plate I shot from 15’ to 100’. There is really no recoil. I enjoyed it tremendously!

Feedback Score
    I have well over 1000 rounds through it now and I couldn’t be more pleased. I know that it was expensive but so far it sure feels like it was a very worth it purchase!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Anyone know why they discontinued the 8” version?
    Quit looking at braced pistols until I was ready to buy. Very surprised to see that Sig only offers the mpx-k now.
    Too short for my taste. Glad to hear that the mpx is proving to hold up over time and those who own them are still satisfied with their purchase.

Finally settled on picking up a mpx or mp5 copy.... low & behold every MF’r out there is cash rich.
    Everything seems out of stock, or crazy priced on Gunbroker. Guess I should just be patient. But there’s a reason I don’t look unless I’m ready to buy. I’m impatient, have no rationale and even less self control. ��
    Last edited by elnino31; 07-21-20 at 07:06.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, really short doesn't make sense to me. One of the benefits of a PCC is increased velocity from the longer barrel; why give that away? And then there's that matter of getting your hand in front of the barrel.
    I'm not sure that even door kickers need barrels that short, no matter how badass it may look.
    Moon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123