Thread: Colt 9mm to Glock Mag Converter

Feedback Score

Colt 9mm to Glock Mag Converter

I have a Colt 9mm AR. Does anyone know of an adapter to replace the magwell insert on the standard Colt so it will function with a Glock 9mm Magazine?

I’ve tried searching, but my google-fu is weak. But It might be the bourbon, too.....

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I don't think there is such a beast.

Feedback Score
    I’m afraid you are right, deang, at least for a decent price. Sadly, my Colt lower is already an NFA item so I don’t want to throw away another 200 bucks to register a Glock-specific lower. But it might come down to either that or something like the Stern Defense unit.
    Last edited by SBRSarge; 04-22-20 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    I’m afraid you are right, deang, at least for a decent price. Sadly, my Colt lower is already an NFA item so I don’t want to throw away another 200 bucks to register a Glock-specific lower. But it might come down to either that or something like the Stern Defense unit.
    Buy Metalform 32s or 20s. Metalform makes the 32 round OEM mag that comes with the gun. You can get them for $25 or so from PSA (if they're ever in stock), Greg Cote, Numrich, etc. That's all I use in the AR6951.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Uni-Vibe. If nothing else I can just stock up on Colt-style mags and go with them,

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I got a Stern Defense unit for a pistol AR and while it worked great with OEM mags it didn't always seat Magpul or ETS mags. Also I never liked the look of short Glock mags coming out of a full size AR magwell...

So I got a Hahn block and use my stock of Colt mags from my 9mm Sporter. Much happier!

Dennis.

ps. I do have a QC10 dedicated Glock lower that I do approve of visually

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just buy Colt mags.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Just buy Colt mags.
    That would make the most sense. Which is exactly why I’ll probably not do it lol!

Feedback Score
    So is the Colt lower just a std. multi cal receiver with an adaptor or a dedicated Colt smg pattern lower?
    If dedicated, you’re stuck with SMG type mags.
    I run metalforms with a Hahn block. No problems. BHO is 100% reliable. Unlike some Glock setups the Hahn feeds truncated & hollowpoints just fine.
    Used to also have a PSA Glock pattern lower, pre-BHO but ran fine with 115 & 124 gr. fmj. Choked on some stuff my Hahn/Metalform setup ran fine. Had plans to make a .357sig setup to share mags with my G32 but then .40 & .357 dried up and by then I figured .300bo filled the same role for me.

Feedback Score
    It’s the dedicated SMG lower with the magwell block roll pinned into it.

I’m thinking I’ll just leave it as. Not worth the trouble! And the expense isn’t, ahem, approved....