Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical - Updated

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    74 (100%)
    I think I’ll stick with the Low Recoil buckshot and dump the slugs. I will also pick up a thicker butt pad.

    Do you have an opinion or the Urbino stock? I’ve been reading a bit about it and there’s some solid reviews on it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yea the recoil definitely cumulative.

    Shotgun shells are also heavy (Every shot weighs over an ounce) and bulky. Takes up space in storage and transport.

    These are the things that keep me from firing much shotgun.

    Short LOP makes a huge difference.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is this still a good shotgun to buy in 2020 or has something eclipsed it?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    282
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I think I’ll stick with the Low Recoil buckshot and dump the slugs. I will also pick up a thicker butt pad.

    Do you have an opinion or the Urbino stock? I’ve been reading a bit about it and there’s some solid reviews on it.
    I added a 25mm thick Beretta Micro Core recoil pad (~$35 online) to my 1301 Comp which significantly improved my comfort. I shoot mostly target loads for sport, typically 50-100 rounds per outing, so I'm not sure how effective it is for full-power slugs, buckshot, etc.

    Beretta MicroCore FIELD Rubber Recoil Pad:
    25mm (.99") - E73028
    20mm (.79") - E73004
    15mm (.59") - E73005
    10mm (.39") - E73006

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    74 (100%)
    I think it’s still a good shotgun. Recoil is brisk with full power ammunition, but other than that, it’s good to go right out of the box.

    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaN View Post
    Is this still a good shotgun to buy in 2020 or has something eclipsed it?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    74 (100%)
    Still looking at those and the Urbino stock.

    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I added a 25mm thick Beretta Micro Core recoil pad (~$35 online) to my 1301 Comp which significantly improved my comfort. I shoot mostly target loads for sport, typically 50-100 rounds per outing, so I'm not sure how effective it is for full-power slugs, buckshot, etc.

    Beretta MicroCore FIELD Rubber Recoil Pad:
    25mm (.99") - E73028
    20mm (.79") - E73004
    15mm (.59") - E73005
    10mm (.39") - E73006

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,195
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got a very thick recoil pad for shooting the Nagant carbine M44 I had years ago.

    I went from tolerating about 30 rds of 180 gr bullets to being able to shoot as much as wanted. Usually about 100 rds.

    Those were the days..$99 M44 and IIRC I paid about $90 for 1440 rounds of ammo. Later sold the rifle and about 400 rds for $150 and felt good about it.

    If i had it back I'd still sell it. Just get more for it.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    0
    Big fan of the 1301 Comp...How's the Tactical compare?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    The Beretta is a great shotgun, and some friends of mine use them for 3-gun and like them a lot. So it depends.


    I personally don't think there is a 'wrong answer'. I am content with my Benelli. Btw I've found an interesting review on Benelli vs Beretta here https://yestactical.com/beretta-1301...-vs-benelli-m4 . It's something like Chevy vs GMC haha since they are both owned by the same company.
    Last edited by RonaldOO; 11-02-20 at 05:19.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •