Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical - Updated

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Flitecontrol is the obvious big difference. Better pattern without messing with chokes. If you get acceptable patterns I don't know of anything wrong with Remington buckshot.

Low recoil is always a good choice if it runs in your shotgun. Terminal performance is not dependent on velocity here, so it's faster follow up shots without any downside.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Flitecontrol is the obvious big difference. Better pattern without messing with chokes. If you get acceptable patterns I don't know of anything wrong with Remington buckshot.

Low recoil is always a good choice if it runs in your shotgun. Terminal performance is not dependent on velocity here, so it's faster follow up shots without any downside.
    I have to be honest, I have never patterned buckshot in my shotgun. I guess I figured if I was slinging buckshot within 10-15 yards, there is a pretty good chance it would do the trick. I believe Federal Law Enforcement used the Remington Reduced Recoil for quite a few years.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJCowboy View Post
    I have to be honest, I have never patterned buckshot in my shotgun. I guess I figured if I was slinging buckshot within 10-15 yards, there is a pretty good chance it would do the trick. I believe Federal Law Enforcement used the Remington Reduced Recoil for quite a few years.
    The load used will make a big difference particularly at distances of 10-15 yards and beyond as the video below shows.

Feedback Score
    That was a great video and very informative. Didn't realize the flight control wad would make that much difference. I might have to do some testing to know for sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FJCowboy View Post
    That was a great video and very informative. Didn't realize the flight control wad would make that much difference. I might have to do some testing to know for sure.
    To be honest, it’s night and day. No other brand of buck even comes close. At my agencies last range day we patterned; one guy used our 8 pellet Flight Control duty load, the rest used our qualification Remington reduced recoil non-lead shells. The difference was immediately apparent from the first shot to the last. Made some true believers at the range that day!

Feedback Score
    I recently picked up a Gen 1 1301 Tactical and I’m really impressed with how light it is, especially compared to the 590A1 that I had previously. I’m just waiting on some Aridus parts so I can get it set up the way that I want it.

Feedback Score
    Looks like Midway just got a shipment of Beretta 1301s

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...-1301-tactical

Feedback Score
    Delete...double post.
    Last edited by FJCowboy; 05-08-20 at 10:52. Reason: Double post

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Edited for content
    Last edited by davidjinks; 08-07-20 at 18:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post

A couple things I realized today...I don’t like shotgun recoil especially out of a light gun. Slugs are kind of a waste of space and money (for me at least). I absolutely prefer a semi auto shotgun over a pump. I also prefer a shorter LOP which the Beretta has.
    Yea the recoil definitely cumulative.

Shotgun shells are also heavy (Every shot weighs over an ounce) and bulky. Takes up space in storage and transport.

These are the things that keep me from firing much shotgun.

Short LOP makes a huge difference.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast