Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical - Updated

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,390
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Flitecontrol is the obvious big difference. Better pattern without messing with chokes. If you get acceptable patterns I don't know of anything wrong with Remington buckshot.

    Low recoil is always a good choice if it runs in your shotgun. Terminal performance is not dependent on velocity here, so it's faster follow up shots without any downside.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    73
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Flitecontrol is the obvious big difference. Better pattern without messing with chokes. If you get acceptable patterns I don't know of anything wrong with Remington buckshot.

    Low recoil is always a good choice if it runs in your shotgun. Terminal performance is not dependent on velocity here, so it's faster follow up shots without any downside.
    I have to be honest, I have never patterned buckshot in my shotgun. I guess I figured if I was slinging buckshot within 10-15 yards, there is a pretty good chance it would do the trick. I believe Federal Law Enforcement used the Remington Reduced Recoil for quite a few years.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    691
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJCowboy View Post
    I have to be honest, I have never patterned buckshot in my shotgun. I guess I figured if I was slinging buckshot within 10-15 yards, there is a pretty good chance it would do the trick. I believe Federal Law Enforcement used the Remington Reduced Recoil for quite a few years.
    The load used will make a big difference particularly at distances of 10-15 yards and beyond as the video below shows.


  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    73
    Feedback Score
    0
    That was a great video and very informative. Didn't realize the flight control wad would make that much difference. I might have to do some testing to know for sure.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    114
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FJCowboy View Post
    That was a great video and very informative. Didn't realize the flight control wad would make that much difference. I might have to do some testing to know for sure.
    To be honest, itís night and day. No other brand of buck even comes close. At my agencies last range day we patterned; one guy used our 8 pellet Flight Control duty load, the rest used our qualification Remington reduced recoil non-lead shells. The difference was immediately apparent from the first shot to the last. Made some true believers at the range that day!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    30
    Feedback Score
    0
    I recently picked up a Gen 1 1301 Tactical and Iím really impressed with how light it is, especially compared to the 590A1 that I had previously. Iím just waiting on some Aridus parts so I can get it set up the way that I want it.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    73
    Feedback Score
    0
    Looks like Midway just got a shipment of Beretta 1301s

    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...-1301-tactical

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    73
    Feedback Score
    0
    Delete...double post.
    Last edited by FJCowboy; 05-08-20 at 10:52. Reason: Double post

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,849
    Feedback Score
    74 (100%)
    I went out shooting today to test the new choke tubes. I ended up only testing 1 of the 4, Improved Modified. Night and day difference in groups.

    For the Winchester Ranger LR 9 pellet @ 25 yards for 5 rounds, the group size was 12” x 14”. All pellets were accounted for. The Remington ammo was slightly better this time but still not as good as the Winchester Rangers. Same distance for 5 rounds, the group size was 15” x 18”. All pellets were accounted for.

    I rounded the numbers because I’m a simple person.

    Once I order some of the Federal ammo I will do a side by side comparison.

    A couple things I realized today...I don’t like shotgun recoil especially out of a light gun. Slugs are kind of a waste of space and money (for me at least). I absolutely prefer a semi auto shotgun over a pump. I also prefer a shorter LOP which the Beretta has.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,998
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post

    A couple things I realized today...I don’t like shotgun recoil especially out of a light gun. Slugs are kind of a waste of space and money (for me at least). I absolutely prefer a semi auto shotgun over a pump. I also prefer a shorter LOP which the Beretta has.
    Yea the recoil definitely cumulative.

    Shotgun shells are also heavy (Every shot weighs over an ounce) and bulky. Takes up space in storage and transport.

    These are the things that keep me from firing much shotgun.

    Short LOP makes a huge difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •