Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical - Updated

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I think I’ll stick with the Low Recoil buckshot and dump the slugs. I will also pick up a thicker butt pad.

Do you have an opinion or the Urbino stock? I’ve been reading a bit about it and there’s some solid reviews on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yea the recoil definitely cumulative.

Shotgun shells are also heavy (Every shot weighs over an ounce) and bulky. Takes up space in storage and transport.

These are the things that keep me from firing much shotgun.

Short LOP makes a huge difference.

Feedback Score
    Is this still a good shotgun to buy in 2020 or has something eclipsed it?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I think I’ll stick with the Low Recoil buckshot and dump the slugs. I will also pick up a thicker butt pad.

Do you have an opinion or the Urbino stock? I’ve been reading a bit about it and there’s some solid reviews on it.
    I added a 25mm thick Beretta Micro Core recoil pad (~$35 online) to my 1301 Comp which significantly improved my comfort. I shoot mostly target loads for sport, typically 50-100 rounds per outing, so I'm not sure how effective it is for full-power slugs, buckshot, etc.

Beretta MicroCore FIELD Rubber Recoil Pad:
    25mm (.99") - E73028
    20mm (.79") - E73004
    15mm (.59") - E73005
    10mm (.39") - E73006

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I think it’s still a good shotgun. Recoil is brisk with full power ammunition, but other than that, it’s good to go right out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaN View Post
    Is this still a good shotgun to buy in 2020 or has something eclipsed it?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Still looking at those and the Urbino stock.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I added a 25mm thick Beretta Micro Core recoil pad (~$35 online) to my 1301 Comp which significantly improved my comfort. I shoot mostly target loads for sport, typically 50-100 rounds per outing, so I'm not sure how effective it is for full-power slugs, buckshot, etc.

Beretta MicroCore FIELD Rubber Recoil Pad:
    25mm (.99") - E73028
    20mm (.79") - E73004
    15mm (.59") - E73005
    10mm (.39") - E73006

Feedback Score
    I got a very thick recoil pad for shooting the Nagant carbine M44 I had years ago.

I went from tolerating about 30 rds of 180 gr bullets to being able to shoot as much as wanted. Usually about 100 rds.

Those were the days..$99 M44 and IIRC I paid about $90 for 1440 rounds of ammo. Later sold the rifle and about 400 rds for $150 and felt good about it.

If i had it back I'd still sell it. Just get more for it.

Feedback Score
    Big fan of the 1301 Comp...How's the Tactical compare?

Feedback Score
    The Beretta is a great shotgun, and some friends of mine use them for 3-gun and like them a lot. So it depends.

I personally don't think there is a 'wrong answer'. I am content with my Benelli. Btw I've found an interesting review on Benelli vs Beretta here https://yestactical.com/beretta-1301...-vs-benelli-m4 . It's something like Chevy vs GMC haha since they are both owned by the same company.
    Last edited by RonaldOO; 11-02-20 at 04:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got in on the Langdon 1301 pre order. I ordered it with the Aridus saddle and the CROM mount for an RMR. looking forward to it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel79 View Post
    I got in on the Langdon 1301 pre order. I ordered it with the Aridus saddle and the CROM mount for an RMR. looking forward to it.

I think you will like it a lot. I pieced together the same thing, before Ernest started doing that as a package.

But it's definitely the "Easy" button for a defensive shotgun. I kinda lean towards the Aimpoint Micro over the RMR, since you can basically use it with the front sight as a giant ghost ring very effectively. The Micro also tends to get better marks for reliability over the RMR under shotgun recoil.

You may want to add a slightly higher cheek rest on the Magpul stock to get the right height for a fast acquisition of the red dot. It's cheap and easy to do for 16 bucks: https://magpul.com/firearm-accessori...obal_color=118

Ernest makes great gear, and he and Aimee do an excellent job on customer service. They also hired another really sharp young fellow to do more gunsmithing. This is allowing Ernest to spend more time in his Secret Hidden Laboratory, and also teach more classes. Jonah is doing a awesome work on the trigger jobs. I have one of his 92X pistol packages and it's amazing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast