Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical - Updated

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

I think you will like it a lot. I pieced together the same thing, before Ernest started doing that as a package.

But it's definitely the "Easy" button for a defensive shotgun. I kinda lean towards the Aimpoint Micro over the RMR, since you can basically use it with the front sight as a giant ghost ring very effectively. The Micro also tends to get better marks for reliability over the RMR under shotgun recoil.

You may want to add a slightly higher cheek rest on the Magpul stock to get the right height for a fast acquisition of the red dot. It's cheap and easy to do for 16 bucks: https://magpul.com/firearm-accessori...obal_color=118

Ernest makes great gear, and he and Aimee do an excellent job on customer service. They also hired another really sharp young fellow to do more gunsmithing. This is allowing Ernest to spend more time in his Secret Hidden Laboratory, and also teach more classes. Jonah is doing a awesome work on the trigger jobs. I have one of his 92X pistol packages and it's amazing.
    Agreed, definitely the easy button! Now you’ve got me thinking about going with the Aimpoint mount instead. They are just so dang expensive, but rightfully so I guess. I guess I am spending 2k on the gun so what’s a little more for the icing on the cake.

I also have a Benelli M4 I just picked up but I have to do a bit of work to legally get the 7+1 capacity. I decided I’m just gonna keep the M4 in its factory form since the 1301 comes fully dialed in. Later down the road I might get a carriercomp tube and the other required USA parts.
    Last edited by Diesel79; 12-05-20 at 16:56.

Feedback Score
    I love my 1301 but for home defense I'm using the Hornady critical defense double 00 buckshot I don't need flight control for inside a house but these are not low recoil they're 1600 ft per second guaranteed to get the job done

Feedback Score
    I like the endpoint also but like the other person said they're just so expensive so I've got an RMR coming on Saturday to mount on my Beretta 1301 I'm going to put it on the picatinny rail we'll see how well it does with the iron sights I know they make a crom plate to replace the picatinny rail which is supposed to make it co-witness I'll find out shortly

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got my LTT last week, but haven’t gotten to the range yet. I will say it is very nice. It is lightweight compared to the M4. I really like the CROM and the Aridus saddle. The Magpul furniture is also really nice.
    Last edited by Diesel79; 01-15-21 at 14:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel79 View Post
    I got my LTT last week, but haven’t gotten to the range yet. I will say it is very nice. It is lightweight compared to the M4. I really like the CROM and the Aridus saddle. The Magpul furniture is also really nice.
    I'm going to see how mine is without the crom because I really don't like a true co-witness but I should find out tomorrow if my sights come in I'm definitely thinking about the aridus it's a good chunk of change but a nice accessory I think can be better than the butt stock style and I don't like the velcro style on the receiver. I don't need to change out any of the Magpul stuff I have a tactical light on my picatinny rail when I did my magazine extension

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    This is my 1st foray into semi-auto shotguns. I pieced it together and have been very pleased with the results. Only a couple hundred rounds through it so far but I'm very impressed. I really want to get into a shotgun class with it.

Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    This is my 1st foray into semi-auto shotguns. I pieced it together and have been very pleased with the results. Only a couple hundred rounds through it so far but I'm very impressed. I really want to get into a shotgun class with it.

I have one just like it, except I went with the Aimpoint T2 on mine. I think you are really going to like it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I know some shotgun classes that will be near you this year.

Greg Ellifritz will be in Cresson on October 2 & 3 for a combined Shotgun and Medical class with Lone Star Medics.

Palisades Training Group will be doing a shotgun class in April in East Texas neat Eustace. I'm going to be taking that, I know the people at that company.

Rob and Matt Haught will be at MeadHall in March. I'm in that class as well. It's full, but you might reach out to them for a stand-by slot.

A couple of other shotgun classes are in the works. I'll shoot you some details when they are solidified.

Trust me - shotgun and revolver classes are going to be a much bigger deal for the next few years.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I’m using a stock Beretta 1301 Tactical with a 18-inch barrel and a pure cylinder bore. That’s right, no choke tubes to “narrow the pattern. At 25 yards downrange, the combination of my Beretta 1301 Tactical shotgun and the Federal FliteControl buckshot loads yielded just over 8-inch patterns. To me that is outstanding.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Flite Control is awesome. I bought 100 boxes this past summer when you could find it. 5.99/box.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast