Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AR Pistol for HD?

Feedback Score
    At the moment, if someone breaks in, my Grand Power P40L (10mm) is the most accessible firearm in my nightstand (my G17L & Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox remain cased/holstered. The 10mm is my grab & go).

Building a 16 inch HD Carbine as a firepower upgrade, but I wouldn't feel undergunned with 10mm.

All of that said, intellectually I believe a 45ACP PCC, preferably suppressed loaded with 185gr hollowpoints would be pretty much the ideal bump-in-the-night gun. Won't overpenetrate, will be loud but not rifle loud, & will make a nice big hole

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by js8588 View Post
    At the moment, if someone breaks in, my Grand Power P40L (10mm) is the most accessible firearm in my nightstand (my G17L & Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox remain cased/holstered. The 10mm is my grab & go).

Building a 16 inch HD Carbine as a firepower upgrade, but I wouldn't feel undergunned with 10mm.

All of that said, intellectually I believe a 45ACP PCC, preferably suppressed loaded with 185gr hollowpoints would be pretty much the ideal bump-in-the-night gun. Won't overpenetrate, will be loud but not rifle loud, & will make a nice big hole
    .45 acp “overpenetrating” less than 5.56 is not supported by evidence, and neither is its wounding, in comparison to rifle wounding. Additionally, I find suppressed PCCs with supersonic ammo to be nearly as loud as suppressed 5.56 SBRs. I admit to having limited sampling.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3BBBFD62-62F9-48DB-9777-79141105A570.jpeg

I just snagged this for HD. I am a very competent shooter in the pistol realm, but I try to keep an open mind. After a recent online discussion about this very topic, I was inspired to switch my HD from 9mm to .223.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    3BBBFD62-62F9-48DB-9777-79141105A570.jpeg

I just snagged this for HD. I am a very competent shooter in the pistol realm, but I try to keep an open mind. After a recent online discussion about this very topic, I was inspired to switch my HD from 9mm to .223.
    Nice, which model BCM ELW or standard gov’t profle 11.5?

Feedback Score
    As all appears quiet in our little town, I'll be returning the AR carbine to its place in the safe. Still have a G19.3 close to hand.
    Moon

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345