Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Finger Prints done during covid?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    There is only one shop with a kiosk and its an hour but I will look into that as an option. I will also check out those links. Thanks guys!
    The kiosk helps with getting the print done correctly and not possibly having to go through several cards because of a smudged print on one finger.....just a thought.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Will the ATF accept home made finger prints for form 1’s or 4’s?

Feedback Score
    Yes, both. I got an ink pad, placed a fingerprint card down face up, put a piece of plain white paper over the fingerprint card, rolled my fingerprints on the white paper (using the image of the fingerprint card as a guide), scanned the fingerprints on the white paper as a .jpg image and can now print my fingerprints whenever I want. I also created a template in Word to print everything else to fill in the blanks. I have multiple approvals using these cards. Do them yourself and you'll wonder why anyone would bother with having someone else do them.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Yes, both. I got an ink pad, placed a fingerprint card down face up, put a piece of plain white paper over the fingerprint card, rolled my fingerprints on the white paper (using the image of the fingerprint card as a guide), scanned the fingerprints on the white paper as a .jpg image and can now print my fingerprints whenever I want. I also created a template in Word to print everything else to fill in the blanks. I have multiple approvals using these cards. Do them yourself and you'll wonder why anyone would bother with having someone else do them.
    Excellent idea, and I can confirm they will accept a home-rolled set, as long as they are legible and properly fileld out. They took four of mine.

Feedback Score
    What's absolutely ridiculous is that everything else I do with the feds, fingerprints are digital scans. No ink, no paper.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    What's absolutely ridiculous is that everything else I do with the feds, fingerprints are digital scans. No ink, no paper.
    It's the gubmint. Why would one ever expect logic?

Seriously - I am perfectly happy it's not a digital scan. A tracking database is that much harder to create.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    It's the gubmint. Why would one ever expect logic?

Seriously - I am perfectly happy it's not a digital scan. A tracking database is that much harder to create.
    It is probably scanned in there at the ATF...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Do you submit on cards or print onto card stock. Love the concept.

Feedback Score
    I print everything directly on to the fingerprint cards. The fill in the blank info comes from the Word template and the fingerprints come from a .jpg image that I scanned which is printed through Windows. PM me if you want a copy of the Word template.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestardiver View Post
    It is probably scanned in there at the ATF...
    Yup, you are probably right. But that does increase the effort required.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast