Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting Finger Prints done during covid?

Feedback Score
    +1 for home-rolled prints. Granted, I have had to toss out a few cards that I messed up on, but I still found it more convenient than having to drive anywhere, especially for Form 1s.

I like the inkless pads. They can be bought for fairly cheap and keep the affair from getting messy or staining your fingers for a while.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I’ve submitted my own prints for every Post-41F item I’ve bought.

Sometimes I don’t even roll them. I just press them on to the card. I doubt they even look at them. I swear there’s usually no more than 2-3 legible prints on my entire card and they’ve always been approved.

I hear some folks pay to have their prints done. Wow.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestardiver View Post
    That works well and you can have SilencerShop print off a set on the proper cards for submission if your don’t go through them.
    Can you share a link for that? I have prints on file with them, but this: https://www.silencershop.com/paper-f...ng-packet.html is the only thing I found on their site. Looks like its blank cards.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I print everything directly on to the fingerprint cards. The fill in the blank info comes from the Word template and the fingerprints come from a .jpg image that I scanned which is printed through Windows. PM me if you want a copy of the Word template.
    PM sent Bret! That would save me a ton of time to be able to print them out.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like most are going to the home kits, but some of the UPS stores have the digital fingerprinting stations and they are open. I can't remember the cost, but I don't think it was too bad.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've submitted two sets for form 1's at home with a kit I bought on Amazon. On another note, I've also used my iPhone for the pic. Even though it says to not do selfies, it was approved with no hesitation. Most recent form 1 was submitted on 4/20/20 and I got approval 5/13/20. Did everything without even leaving the house.

Feedback Score
    I do my own as well. No problem whatsoever. I got a pack of cards from Amazon for about $5

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Using Bret's template as an example I ended up making my own. It's even possible to add the signature without a background using paint.net. Combined with a fillable version of the responsible persons form with electronic signature, and a stack of passport photos, the NFA game is now much easier! I just got back 3 approved form 1's using 100% printed forms including fingerprints.
    Last edited by Bluto; 05-30-20 at 07:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I print everything directly on to the fingerprint cards. The fill in the blank info comes from the Word template and the fingerprints come from a .jpg image that I scanned which is printed through Windows. PM me if you want a copy of the Word template.
    Bret, any chance I can get a copy of that document as well? I have a couple form 1's I am getting ready to submit. I just ordered some of the cards from the ATF website so hopefully will have those in the coming week or two.

I also wanted to ask as I did not see it listed. I assume something like this would be what is needed for ink?
    https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Inkless-FingerPrint-Pad-S03027/dp/B001HA4PJ4

Feedback Score
    Sure. Just PM me your email address. I'm pretty sure the pad you linked to won't work. It says that it's clear. I'm not even sure what that's for. Here's the one that I bought.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's big enough to put all of your fingers on at once.

I've sent the Word template to several of y'all. We're any of you able to get it to work like you needed? Just curious.
    Last edited by Bret; 06-04-20 at 19:34.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123