Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water storage questions

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I need to dump my storage barrels and refill. Mine are at least 7 yrs old.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This sounds kind of simplistic but water bottles are cheap- around here you can get a 24 pack of 16 ounce bottles for $3 or $4. I keep a case in each vehicle and several at home. It gets rotated out as we drink it. If things really go sideways I have a spring fed creek on my property.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    This sounds kind of simplistic but water bottles are cheap- around here you can get a 24 pack of 16 ounce bottles for $3 or $4. I keep a case in each vehicle and several at home. It gets rotated out as we drink it. If things really go sideways I have a spring fed creek on my property.
    Ease of rotation is the main pro.

Cons are a heckuva lot more waste (trash) that in a SHTF situation will be a problem. Storage wise the thinner bottles don't last long. The plastic wrapped cases of small bottles are harder to carry/load up as well as making a lot of noise (that squeeky sound).

The only water we store that isn't in pressurized well pump tanks or poly tanks is distilled water in 1 gallon jugs. I drink a gallon or more of this daily so we rotate is easily. It's used in our battery bank as well and can be used in Neti pots without having to boil, etc. The container is a good bit more durable than the small bottles and so can be re-used with less waste.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12