Hi, relatively new prepper here and I had a couple of questions about water storage.
I picked up some of the blue 5 gallon stackable containers off Amazon, the Saratoga Farms brand. Everything I'm seeing is saying that if we are using treated city water that there is really not a need to add anything to the water as long as we rotate it every year or so. Is this advisable or should I add some bleach or water treatment?
When filling the containers should I get a food/water safe hose and fill from the spigot outside the house or would it be safer to fill from the water sprayer in the kitchen sink? Seems like the spigot outside would be quicker but it also does not seem as clean as the sprayer in the kitchen sink.
I plan on storing these in the house in a location where the bug guy sprays for pest control. Should I have him not spray around these since they are for long-term water storage? I was going to double stack them and also considered wrapping the bottom layer in plastic, or something like that, to protect them. but didn't know if I should be concerned about this or not?
Thanks!