Thread: Watches! Sinn EZM 1 & IWC Mark XV

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Watches! Sinn EZM 1 & IWC Mark XV

I have a couple of watches I am looking to sell. Bought both probably 20 years or so ago, haven’t worn either in many years. I am looking to downsize and reduce the numbers of accumulated possessions, and I hope to move these along to someone who will give them the use they deserve.

As a long-time follower of the “Watches” thread on GD, I thought I’d offer them first here, knowing there are quite a few gun guys who are also watch geeks. I’m not a huge watch geek with the knowledge many of you have, but I did go through a watch phase. I was planning on listing them on Watchuseek.com, but, despite being a member since 2007, I have less than 100 posts, so cannot list things for sale there.

Unfortunately, I had the boxes, manuals, and original straps for both in a box that was misplaced (or stolen) during a move a couple of years ago. So, all I have for sale is the watch with the current bracelet/strap.

First, is a Sinn EZM 1. Doesn’t need much introduction, this is the original with the earlier tritium (3H) dial. I bought it second-hand, IIRC, in 2000. I wore it for a while on its original “sharkskin” leather strap. In 2013 or so, I acquired the titanium bracelet it currently wears from a generous soul in Switzerland. I have only worn it a couple of times since then.

Never worn underwater or subject to any abuse. I have not had it serviced, mainly because I believe they will not return the tritium dial. I will leave that to the purchaser to decide.

I have seen people asking $6000+ plus for these, but because of lacking box, etc, and not being serviced, I am asking $4500 delivered. If interested, shoot me a PM or email me at khc3@comcast.net.

Pics can be seen here

Second is an IWC Mark XV. I also bought it second-hand around the same time. It also lacks box, manual, and the original calfskin leather strap. It now has a black custom Horween shell cordovan strap. Unfortunately, I can’t remember who I bought it from. I think the Mark XV is the best version of the IWC pilot watch. It isn’t stupid big like the later iterations, but perhaps doesn’t have the same appeal as the “vintage” Mark XI.

Again, I wore it regularly for a while, but never doing anything stupid. I always remove my watch at work in the shop. Asking $3500 delivered.

I am working on getting Google Photo albums of each. I will update these ads with a couple of pics soon. Expressed interest will help motivate me to get it done faster.

Not interested in any trades; I have settled on a couple of Seiko divers which satisfy my watch interest. I also have some other lower end Seikos (Turtles, a Samurai), a Helson Sharkmaster 1000, and 2 Steinharts (OVM & Ocean 1 black DLC) which I am going to sell for a good price, but those will probably just go on Ebay. Thanks for reading, LOL!

Thanks
    Last edited by khc3; 05-02-20 at 01:49. Reason: Sold