I am a fan of the 10 mm auto cartridge, I have 2 Colt Delta Elite, a G20 and a formerly NIB S&W 1006, so I really needed a S&W 610 revolver. In fact I’ve been wanting one for a long time but they seem to be quite rare here in Switzerland

I recently got a call from a gentleman who contacted me 1 1/2 years ago. He had one for sale then, but it was heavily customised for IPSC, quick release, different sights, dozens of moon clips, case etc, and it was expensive at 2 grands so I politely declined.

He was kind enough to me call again to advise me that an LGS has four for sale, two 5’’ and two 6.5’’. I thought that was a great gesture.

Price was $ 1000, which I think is quite reasonable. I chose a 5’’ and I received it yesterday.

Very nice gun in great condition, I don’t think it fired much. Forcing cone is like new and there’s no flame cutting, merely a discolouration. It has a wide target hammer and a wide smooth trigger

Being a N frame it’s a heavy gun with a big cylinder and the round butt with the narrow bottomed combat grip feels odd to me, it accentuates the nose heavy feeling.

So I found a N square combat grip in my stash and it feels a lot better ... except for the gap at the bottom.

Now the challenge here (Switzerland) is finding moon clips.

I guess I can test fire the gun without them and eject the spent cases with a rod ?