Thread: Pistol in 6.8 SPC

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Pistol in 6.8 SPC

5 years or so ago I picked up a couple Wilson Combat billet lowers for when I got around to building another rifle. After a lot of debate I settled on a short barrel build in 6.8SPC to configure for some hunting and potentially home defense. I went with 6.8 SPC because it’s a caliber I already own and run and don’t shoot the AR for any practical purpose past 300 yards so the Grendel didn’t seem to offer anything the 6.8 would give me to justify picking up another caliber. I’m going with a pistol vs. SBR because braces have come a long way since I had originally looked at them years ago and I can build a solid weapon without having to involve the government.

Anyway, here goes:
    Lower

Wilson Combat Lower in Burnt Bronze. Great lower, tight tolerances but it’s hard to find parts in Burnt Bronze unless you feel like paying for cerakote
    VLTOR A5 Extension: I’ve heard good things about these in rifles of all lengths
    Bravo Company Grip
    Wilson Combat oversized bolt release... We’ll see about this , it’s a big ass paddle which is nice but I could potentially see it snagging
    Extended Mag release
    45 degree AMBI selector
    ALG defense ACT trigger. Having owned multiple triggers this one is solid with a very crisp break, almost no creep and hard reset all around $70. I’m excited about this one

Upper:
    Aero precision Upper in Burnt Bronze
    Standard upper receiver kit with “No Step on Snek” dust cover
    ALG Defense V3X 10.5” rail in Desert Dirt Color. Very close to Burnt Bronze color
    Wilson Combat 11.1” barrel in 6.8SPC II
    ALG low profile gas block
    Gamma VG6 brake/compensator : First time trying this out
    BCM Gunfighter charging handle
    FailZero BCG

I have yet to assemble this as I’m waiting for the flash hider. I’m a sissy so I’m going to have a gunsmith assemble the Upper as I’ve run into issues with this in the past in tweaking the upper receiver.

I’d appreciate any input you guys may have or any tweaks I may be able to make or experiences with a similar build

I have a custom Mega Lower with a Magpul UBR and VLTOR/Noveske upper at 13.7” with a pinned Noveske KX3. I love it but with the UBR, Heavy Barrel and KX3 it’s heavy. Great rifle but it’s a pig. Thinking about selling that upper off after I have this one together for a SPR build. Thanks for reading this far, guys!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    To avoid “tweaking” uppers, I use and recommend a MI URR, or a 2unique M16 barreling spud.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yeah, I was looking at the Geiselle reaction rod. That and a better clamping setup and I’ll be in business for the next one. With the newer braces coming out I’ve got a couple pistol builds in mind.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Skip the G reaction rod. What makes the MI URR good is that it braces the inside of the receiver at the charging handle slot, as well as the barrel extension.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    RULES FOR POSTING IN THIS SUB FORUM

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST-Custom Build AR Forum

To all concerned.

The custom build area is a place to show off/discuss and ask questions and get feedback about your completed custom build (this means a completed AR that is functional and already completed). If you are going to post pictures of your build, please post a complete picture not just your parts, partial lowers, etc....

Also, buying an upper separate and then a lower and throwing them together does not constitute a custom build. It would be nice if you took time to explain how you came to your decision and explain your set up. Thanks.

If you do not follow the guidelines and your post disappears it's probably because it was moved to the trash or deleted.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American