5 years or so ago I picked up a couple Wilson Combat billet lowers for when I got around to building another rifle. After a lot of debate I settled on a short barrel build in 6.8SPC to configure for some hunting and potentially home defense. I went with 6.8 SPC because it’s a caliber I already own and run and don’t shoot the AR for any practical purpose past 300 yards so the Grendel didn’t seem to offer anything the 6.8 would give me to justify picking up another caliber. I’m going with a pistol vs. SBR because braces have come a long way since I had originally looked at them years ago and I can build a solid weapon without having to involve the government.

Anyway, here goes:
Lower

Wilson Combat Lower in Burnt Bronze. Great lower, tight tolerances but it’s hard to find parts in Burnt Bronze unless you feel like paying for cerakote
VLTOR A5 Extension: I’ve heard good things about these in rifles of all lengths
Bravo Company Grip
Wilson Combat oversized bolt release... We’ll see about this , it’s a big ass paddle which is nice but I could potentially see it snagging
Extended Mag release
45 degree AMBI selector
ALG defense ACT trigger. Having owned multiple triggers this one is solid with a very crisp break, almost no creep and hard reset all around $70. I’m excited about this one

Upper:
Aero precision Upper in Burnt Bronze
Standard upper receiver kit with “No Step on Snek” dust cover
ALG Defense V3X 10.5” rail in Desert Dirt Color. Very close to Burnt Bronze color
Wilson Combat 11.1” barrel in 6.8SPC II
ALG low profile gas block
Gamma VG6 brake/compensator : First time trying this out
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
FailZero BCG

I have yet to assemble this as I’m waiting for the flash hider. I’m a sissy so I’m going to have a gunsmith assemble the Upper as I’ve run into issues with this in the past in tweaking the upper receiver.

I’d appreciate any input you guys may have or any tweaks I may be able to make or experiences with a similar build

I have a custom Mega Lower with a Magpul UBR and VLTOR/Noveske upper at 13.7” with a pinned Noveske KX3. I love it but with the UBR, Heavy Barrel and KX3 it’s heavy. Great rifle but it’s a pig. Thinking about selling that upper off after I have this one together for a SPR build. Thanks for reading this far, guys!