Thread: G19 in Safariland G17 holster?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

G19 in Safariland G17 holster?

I’m curious if anyone has experience using a WML equipped G19/G23/G45 in a Safariland duty or tactical holster for a WML equipped G17/G22 (in particular the model 6360 holster with the ALS/SLS). I’m considering buying the holster sized for a G17 so I could in theory just use the same holster with multiple full sized and compact Glock models. I’m sure the shorter barreled gun will fit but I’m wondering if using it in a holster designed for a longer gun will compromise retention at all.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It works just fine. I have one set up for admin use. It's a 6360 for a g19 x300 set up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks, I wanted to be sure that the smaller gun would be adequately retained by the larger G17 holster during potentially vigorous physical activity.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just make sure you always use it with the light. You can bypass the security features if the holster is used with a gun and no light.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    10-4, yeah the plan is pretty much going to be if I’m using that holster than a light is going to be mounted .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I’m curious if anyone has experience using a WML equipped G19/G23/G45 in a Safariland duty or tactical holster for a WML equipped G17/G22 (in particular the model 6360 holster with the ALS/SLS). I’m considering buying the holster sized for a G17 so I could in theory just use the same holster with multiple full sized and compact Glock models. I’m sure the shorter barreled gun will fit but I’m wondering if using it in a holster designed for a longer gun will compromise retention at all.

Works fine. A little loose... 3/4" up/down movement w/o light installed but ALS still retains it.

I have a 6304RDS-6832 that can be used across the board with my Gen5 G34(RMR)/TLR1HL, Gen4 G17/TLR1S, Gen5 G19/TLR7, and even my P80/Agency Syndicate G19(RMR)/TLR7.

I will temper that with the fact that I will use it across the board ON THE RANGE ie I don't need to swap holsters to change guns on the range. Vigorous physical activity ON THE RANGE, yes, no problem... I (personally) would NOT stake my life on it for duty use/retention though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by smp444 View Post
    Works fine. A little loose... 3/4" up/down movement w/o light installed but ALS still retains it.

I have a 6304RDS-6832 that can be used across the board with my Gen5 G34(RMR)/TLR1HL, Gen4 G17/TLR1S, Gen5 G19/TLR7, and even my P80/Agency Syndicate G19(RMR)/TLR7.

I will temper that with the fact that I will use it across the board ON THE RANGE ie I don't need to swap holsters to change guns on the range. Vigorous physical activity ON THE RANGE, yes, no problem... I (personally) would NOT stake my life on it for duty use/retention though.

I have since gotten the G17 holster and yeah there is some up and down play with my G45 even with the light installed, doesn’t *seem* like the retention of the gun in the holster is compromised but I’ve yet to really wring the setup out at the range though. I do have a dedicated G19/45 holster on order as well though now so I’ll end up with my bases pretty well covered I think. My biggest thing is going to be getting acclimated to the ALS/SLS system now.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 05-16-20 at 05:11.