Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I killed my Aimpoint H-1

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Open up the battery cap and put it in a Ziploc bag of rice for a few days.

The rice will draw out any moisture that worked it's way inside.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    Dawn & other dish soap is a surfactant meaning it decreases the surface tension of water making the droplets be able to "squeeze" past tight seals easier.
    NEVER use dish soap on electronics, regardless of how waterproof they claim to be!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote bulldozer View Post
    Dawn & other dish soap is a surfactant meaning it decreases the surface tension of water making the droplets be able to "squeeze" past tight seals easier.
    NEVER use dish soap on electronics, regardless of how waterproof they claim to be!
    Nice. You learn something every day!

I'm more of an air spray or worst case brush off my guns kinda guy...

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    I understand I’ve done it probably 100 times times before and never had a problem.
    Last edited by Ellis7702; 04-28-20 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    Aimpoint just emailed me, I am going to send the sight in tomorrow. They have such good customer service.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Check the rubber seal on the battery cap. Is it intact?

Feedback Score
    The seal fell off the cap when I opened the battery case. Like I said before I am not sure how old this sight is. I was looking at it today and it looks like it was painted at one point. You can see paint in the adjustment caps. I’ve bought used optics before but this is my last one. The optic is being shipped to Aimpont tomorrow, lets just hope it’s not a clone.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellis7702 View Post
    The seal fell off the cap when I opened the battery case. Like I said before I am not sure how old this sight is. I was looking at it today and it looks like it was painted at one point. You can see paint in the adjustment caps. I’ve bought used optics before but this is my last one. The optic is being shipped to Aimpont tomorrow, lets just hope it’s not a clone.
    Well now we know how water entered your battery compartment.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Open it up and let it dry for a few days in sunlight.
    Then try again. If its still not working, pursue aimpoint.

At least with cell phones, everyone I know that pulled the battery and let it dry fully before reapplying power had success.

If it works I would buy a new battery cap and do a submerge test before calling it good.
    Yeah ^. You must let them dry thoroughly. Caps off and dry air.

I've purchased used optics before, but I try to buy optics that look like they were only used by a little old granny shooter on a .22, twice a year. LOL
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 04-28-20 at 23:02.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellis7702 View Post
    I have an H-1 that is easily 10+ years old that I threw off a 10ft deck for a drop test and it still functions just fine. This is sounds like user error to me where the previous owner got whatever paint they were using on the rubber o-ring that caused the seal to fail.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 04-29-20 at 01:05.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123