Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A return to greatness, another Bore tech story

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

A return to greatness, another Bore tech story

So I have a Rem700 5R in 223. It has been laser from day one, but the last couple of years it has been a sub MOA gun. It is an 8 year old gun. I figured it must be the magical MarkM 77SMK, TMK, Nosler custom take your pick of the 77 grainers had lost it's magic. Figuring maybe different lots of powder or something took the load from .25 moa to simple moa which is acceptable.

I was cleaning mounts and inside mechanism of my cans because they where so gummed up it was hard to get them on and off. So I gave them a good scrubbing and in doing so I felt like carbon and crap was getting into my barrel. So I decided to clean the barrel and I usually don't use copper remover but I did this time.

Mark grabbed the gun so I said, pop the 500 for 3 rounds to season the barrel then shoot a 3 round group to see how she is doing. The 500 yard had a very tight group , just some horizontal wind stringing. The picture tells the other 100 yard story.

It was pretty cool to see stuff actually work. I didn't completely remove all the copper, but evidently enough of it. The 223 bolt gun is one of our all time favorites. Shooting that thing suppressed is awesome. You really get better "DOPING" wind too.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-27-20 at 12:47.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The TMKs have never shot quite as well at the OTMs. This was by far the best I've seen them do. (just a 3 round group as I can't sit still for much more than that... 5 max before I start messing up.)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Bore tech is around the corner from my house. I use all their stuff and know the owners. Great hear and impressive shooting!!!!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    That’s sweet PB. Gotta be nice to have it back to shooting that well.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    That’s sweet PB. Gotta be nice to have it back to shooting that well.
    yea, it hadn't been shooting outragoues good in a while. So glad to have it back.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That's great! Yeah, a couple patches after each trip won't hurt anything and every so often a deep clean. I've had good luck with Eliminator, usually a couple wet patches and a dry one or two.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    the eliminator is a great product

Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    That's great! Yeah, a couple patches after each trip won't hurt anything and every so often a deep clean. I've had good luck with Eliminator, usually a couple wet patches and a dry one or two.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Yea, I was rotating dry ones. One strange thing I noticed is the patches did not run down the bore smoothly. I don't know if that is the BT or the patches I was using but they were sticky , bouncing my way down the barrel.

PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yea, I was rotating dry ones. One strange thing I noticed is the patches did not run down the bore smoothly. I don't know if that is the BT or the patches I was using but they were sticky , bouncing my way down the barrel.

PB
    I think that's at least partially due to the Bore Tech Eliminator because it's not an oily/slippery type of solvent.

I've been doing a lot of gun cleaning over the last few weeks. I am really happy with how well the Bore Tech products work, particularly the Eliminator and C4 carbon remover. I've used them for years, and still use other cleaning products doing my informal comparison tests. I don't know anything that works better than these Bore Tech products.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    I am so glad I saw this post. I just ordered some copper solvent and brushes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast