Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas Length Problem

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlw613sp View Post
    I agree about the barrel shoulder. I did what you said and the gas block lines up ~2-3mm ahead of the barrel shoulder. Looks like the barrel will be going back. I'll let the manufacturer know these new measurements and we'll see. I've heard good things about their CS so hopefully this will go well.

Thanks for the help!

This gas block only has a hole on one side. I don't believe there is a way to install it backwards.
    Cool, let's us know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I agree about the barrel shoulder. I did what you said and the gas block lines up ~2-3mm ahead of the barrel shoulder. Looks like the barrel will be going back. I'll let the manufacturer know these new measurements and we'll see. I've heard good things about their CS so hopefully this will go well.

Thanks for the help!

This gas block only has a hole on one side. I don't believe there is a way to install it backwards.
    Understood. Some brands have the hole all the way through.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone happen to have a spare carbine tube they could measure to see how long it is?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Does anyone happen to have a spare carbine tube they could measure to see how long it is?
    My spare BCM gas tube measures exactly the same as yours. 248.5 mm & 243.5 mm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    My spare BCM gas tube measures exactly the same as yours. 248.5 mm & 243.5 mm.
    Thanks! They are insisting the gas tube is the problem and I'm 99% confident it's not. I'm about 85% that it's the barrel. Either way, the assembled upper sans handguard and BCG are being sent to them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Update in the OP.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Read your update. IMO something is still wacked with that upper. You should be able to put any reasonably well built BCG into any reasonably well built upper. Is the gas tube still protruding into the upper farther than some other uppers you've inspected? I did a quick measure comparison of 4 gas keys and they were all different internally to the internal shelf. They were all within about an 1/8" of each other. I could interchange them all.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Do the gas keys in the 2 BCG that don’t work have a carbon buildup in them preventing the gas tube from entering the key fully?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Read your update. IMO something is still wacked with that upper. You should be able to put any reasonably well built BCG into any reasonably well built upper. Is the gas tube still protruding into the upper farther than some other uppers you've inspected? I did a quick measure comparison of 4 gas keys and they were all different internally to the internal shelf. They were all within about an 1/8" of each other. I could interchange them all.
    Yeah it still protrudes farther than the others. This one is about 3/4 of the way to the rear of the cutout.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Do the gas keys in the 2 BCG that don’t work have a carbon buildup in them preventing the gas tube from entering the key fully?
    This was my first thought. I don't really have a good way to clean them out. I tried a .22 bronze brush but it was stiff and felt like it would get stuck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12