Thread: Unusual Lower back pain - help!

Feedback Score

Unusual Lower back pain - help!

A few weeks ago, I started getting pain in my lower back/ upper ass area causing me to not be able to accelerate quickly when running the dog(he likes to go from pissing to full sprint instantly). Warming up would help temporarily, but next trip out would be starting over.

Ive tried every stretch I know and it only got worse. I could not pinpoint it, which is unusual. I can usually (always until now) self trace stuff to root causes .

Well all of the sudden, i have a (feels like, but not visual) bruise right on my right back dimple. The area is sensitive and it feels like a few knots starting at the back dimples, wrapping out and down to the top of the right buttocks.

Ive spent a week of stretching and massaging and its getting worse, not better.

Could this be a tendon issue and not a muscle issue? If so, how do I fix it?

Could it be something else, please advise. I only go to the doc as a last resort, so asking for help here first.

Thanks, all.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-27-20 at 21:27.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sounds like S1/S2 (sacral joint) misalignment, perhaps. Your piriformis (spelling) MAY also be involved. IFF you find the pain running thru the buttocks and down the side of your leg (sciatica) you will likely have a herniated disc.

Advice

I love the chiropractors I have. The latest is a Sports Chiropractor and will request X-Rays or, in your case, an MRI for confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Sounds like S1/S2 (sacral joint) misalignment, perhaps. Your piriformis (spelling) MAY also be involved. IFF you find the pain running thru the buttocks and down the side of your leg (sciatica) you will likely have a herniated disc.

Advice

I love the chiropractors I have. The latest is a Sports Chiropractor and will request X-Rays or, in your case, an MRI for confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sounds bad. The pain does not go below the buttocks.

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    This sounds exactly like what my wife has. In her case, it's the I-S joint. Word for word as you describe it. After about a decade of suffering, multiple doctors and physical therapists, eventually this year a new physical therapist traced it to a slight difference in the length of her legs. Don't remember the exact difference, but it's a few millimeters. She now wears a thin heel lift pad inside one of her shoes to even out the length, and the problem is almost completely gone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Ok, this is going to need more back story.

Last year, i hurt my knee- cutting left to right on my right foot, knee gave out.
    Swelled up, ice and working it got it back to Normal. Only problem now is when I stop working out, it starts popping and getting tight. This has been happening the last few weeks(gym closed) and getting worse... im beginning to think some tendon in my knee is tight, causing imbalance in my knee and back.

I stretched it (outside back of knee) very well this morning and my back has been noticeably less tight, though still sensitive.

Any suggestions to focus on what could be going on? Ive been struggling with heel spurs in the same leg (off and on, getting rid of them with stretches). I feel like the knee is the cause of everything, but not sure how to completely fix it. Doctor time?
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-28-20 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Ok, this is going to need more back story.

Last year, i hurt my knee- cutting left to right on my right foot, knee gave out.
    Swelled up, ice and working it got it back to Normal. Only problem now is when I stop working out, it starts popping and getting tight. This has been happening the last few weeks(gym closed) and getting worse... im beginning to think some tendon in my knee is tight, causing imbalance in my knee and back.

I stretched it (outside back of knee) very well this morning and my back has been noticeably less tight, though still sensitive.

Any suggestions to focus on what could be going on? Ive been struggling with heel spurs in the same leg (off and on, getting rid of them with stretches). I feel like the knee is the cause of everything, but not sure how to completely fix it. Doctor time?
    Physical therapist time IMHO

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocaster View Post
    This sounds exactly like what my wife has. In her case, it's the I-S joint. Word for word as you describe it. After about a decade of suffering, multiple doctors and physical therapists, eventually this year a new physical therapist traced it to a slight difference in the length of her legs. Don't remember the exact difference, but it's a few millimeters. She now wears a thin heel lift pad inside one of her shoes to even out the length, and the problem is almost completely gone.

I have the same condition- my right leg is slightly shorter than my left which was causing me lower back pain, especially after being on my feet for extended periods of time.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried stretching your quadratus lumborum?
    Look up Athlean-X on how to stretch this muscle.
    I had this different discomfort in my lower back which felt different than other times.
    I tried this stretch and it helped completely.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXh1oLXb6zk
    Last edited by Lacos; 05-10-20 at 03:29. Reason: Added info