Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What to do with a spare Colt LE 6920 upper?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arken View Post
    Thanks. It's been fired about 500 rounds as of now.

Guys, I've decided to keep it as is. I am gonna set it up as a SHTF/HD "lightweight" rifle with a red dot and a light. I might throw in a 7" MI drop in quad rail (it's pretty light @ 7.5oz). The Magpul SL handguard is actually right at 7oz. I was surprised.
    If you want to turn a wrench you could put on a BCM quad rail and save weight.

A 6920 setup how you're considering:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    If you want to turn a wrench you could put on a BCM quad rail and save weight.

A 6920 setup how you're considering:

That's a nice setup!

I might hammer out the A2 sight roll pins someday but not feeling like it right now. Probably gonna go with a drop-in solution. Strongly considering the Midwest Industry 7" drop in.

Feedback Score
    That's a nice setup!

I might hammer out the A2 sight roll pins someday but not feeling like it right now. Probably gonna go with a drop-in solution. Strongly considering the Midwest Industry 7" drop in.
    Taper pins? Honestly nothing better than Colts taper pins. Or a shaved FSP. You can re-pin with the original FSP but you cannot use a different FSP and get it to fit rock solid. They recommend that you replace the taper pins with fresh ones after two installations: so on the third removal. Ken Elmore of SAW used to shave FSPs. And I believe ADCO may shave them?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would keep it, I believe you might be kind of guy that miss this upper in future. Otherwise, sell especially right now you can get good price for it and put the money toward something you really want. Maybe you need a nice scope, a really nice one?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SmugPePe View Post
    I would keep it, I believe you might be kind of guy that miss this upper in future. Otherwise, sell especially right now you can get good price for it and put the money toward something you really want. Maybe you need a nice scope, a really nice one?
    Good advice. When he said upper I initially thought upper receiver. Since it's the upper assembly, I recommended he keep it. The value will only go up at this point, because Colt Defense may not be selling anymore in the foreseeable future. I would not part with any Colt parts.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wow I am glad you guys told me to keep it. I can always save more money to buy new things so selling will not make much different.

Anyway here is how it’s looking right now:

MI drop-in quad rail
    Holosun 510c
    DD fixed rear sight
    CMMG ambi charging handle
    BCM grip, fore grip, and trigger guard
    Larue rail covers on top and bottom
    Magpul rail ladders on the sides
    Magpul MS4 sling
    Streamlight Protac 2HL (not sure if it holds up well - only 200 rounds thru it)

Love the look!

106D34CF-9619-400E-A46F-42AF7F101E18.jpg
    Last edited by arken; 05-31-20 at 19:14. Reason: Attached pic.

Feedback Score
    Wow I am glad you guys told me to keep it. I can always save more money to buy new things so selling will not make much different.

Anyway here is how it’s looking right now:

MI drop-in quad rail
    Holosun 510c
    DD fixed rear sight
    CMMG ambi charging handle
    BCM grip, fore grip, and trigger guard
    Larue rail covers on top and bottom
    Magpul rail ladders on the sides
    Magpul MS4 sling
    Streamlight Protac 2HL (not sure if it holds up well - only 200 rounds thru it)

Love the look!

106D34CF-9619-400E-A46F-42AF7F101E18.jpg
    Nice. I like the pinned FSP better than a low pro gas block any day. Unless you are running a SPR or DMR the pinned FSP is optimal from my perspective. My 10” has a FSP I considered swapping for a gas block but whats the point? Id have to buy a high end hand guard and float a barrel that cant shoot beyond 200 meters anyway. No point. A Colt FSP is battle ready.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345