Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with a spare Colt LE 6920 upper?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Angry What to do with a spare Colt LE 6920 upper?

Hey guys,

Update on page 5: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...26#post2848426

Hope everyone is doing okay. I have a spare Colt LE6920 upper magpul edition. I thought it’d be interesting to see what you’d do with it. Here are my options:

1. Do nothing. Just keep it in the safe. It’s part of the history.

OUT-----2. Build a new lower for it. Probably a pistol lower so I can use the lower for a pistol upper later on.

OUT-----3. Have the barrel cut down to 14.5” (with pinned and welded A2) for a more true M4 clone. Also need to build a new lower.

OUT-------4. Have the barrel cut down to 12-12.5” and build a pistol lower for it.

OUT-----5. Buy a new 11.5 or 12.5” barrel and reuse the Colt upper receiver to save $$. Build a pistol lower for it. Keep the Colt barrel.

OUT-----6. Sell it to fund for a BCM 11.5” pistol complete upper.

I’ll probably end up with a pistol AR of some sort at some point. Please share what you’d do and why.

Thanks!
    Last edited by arken; 06-07-20 at 12:14.

Feedback Score
    sell it. Colt is hard to buy right now. I had to settle for a new FN patrol rifle as the colts were 500 dollars more.

Feedback Score
    I'd go with option 5. It sounds like you want a pistol and there is a lot of love for the 12.5 barrel (from a ballistics standpoint). Get a sba 3 brace. I cut down a noveske barrel once and I have always regretted it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd build a new rifle lower for it, cut the barrel to 14.5 if you feel the need, and keep it as an iron-sight shooter.

Since you are going 'cloneish' these lowers might be kind of okay:

https://www.primaryarms.com/aero-pre...stripped-lower

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...tm_campaign=cl
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Options 1 or 6.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Options 1 or 6.
    yep

dont put money into a spare upper to make a frankengun.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    option 6. just sell it if you have no use for it and/or want something different.
    I wouldn't part a Colt upper unless you have a specific reason or don't want to deal with the buy/sell cycle.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm not into parting with much these days, I'd stash it for a spare as know quality and I don't give a crap about it's "part in history". I'll fund my pistol build by other means and little patience.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Cut it down to a 10.3” and put a Centurion Arms two piece rail on it make it into a pistol.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Anything other than Option 6.

I would rather have a properly cut down Colt upper than an over-gassed and less accurate BCM 11.5" any day.
    Last edited by scooter22; 04-28-20 at 21:30.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast