Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to do with a spare Colt LE 6920 upper?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arken View Post
    Did you have the barrel cut before or after the M203 mount? "John Thomas" seems to come up pretty often from my search. Also ADCO is another name. Did you have to un-assemble everything and send in just the barrel with the iron sight? $75 shipped both way seems reasonable to me.
    I'm pretty sure I sent my barrel in disassembled, but I don't think I had to. I had mine chopped to 10.3" and the port opened to .070. John is good on communication, I'd just send him an email with whatever you wanted to know. I don't think I've ever heard of a bad experience with his work, and his turn around time is freakishly fast.

On a side note, a friend of mine had a pin and weld job done by ADCO and it honestly looked terrible. It works, but for the price he paid I'd have expected better. A few others here have had issues with ADCO as well.

Just an FYI.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    An 11.5" BCM will be over gassed suppressed. BRT GP insert can rectify if needed.

Cut the 6920, and have a great and properly gassed SBR or pistol.
    Last edited by scooter22; 04-30-20 at 00:25.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just sell the upper and buy what you want in the configuration you want. It's not 2007 anymore where you have to custom build anything that's not a 6920. You can buy nearly any possible configuration factory new off the shelf from an array of top tier manufacturers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Just sell the upper and buy what you want in the configuration you want. It's not 2007 anymore where you have to custom build anything that's not a 6920. You can buy nearly any possible configuration factory new off the shelf from an array of top tier manufacturers.
    What he ^ says. Id sell it before I’d start chopping it up. Colt parts are hard to come by right now and are demanding a premium.. I actually just traded a 6920 upper and some other goods for a colt Socom upper.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Do nothing and leave it in the safe, its a Colt. Use the money you would have paid to have the barrel chopped and re-threaded and buy parts for a pistol build on the eq exchange.
    Last edited by Hispanic_Hercules; 05-01-20 at 21:53.

Feedback Score
    Barrels are cheap these days, don't cut them. Sell me the upper so I can swap it for the Aero on my SPR build..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    sell it. Colt is hard to buy right now. I had to settle for a new FN patrol rifle as the colts were 500 dollars more.
    ...is that really settling?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    OUT-----6. Sell it to fund for a BCM 12.5” pistol complete upper.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was in a similar position with a 6920 and I bought a Daniel Defense rail and left it alone. I wanted a replica/clone of the MK 18 Mod 0 so I found a used colt upper and proper 10.3 barrel. I didn’t want to cut down the barrel. I always had very good accuracy and was worried I’d mess that up. After I mounted the DD rail accuracy improved.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaBravo View Post
    I was in a similar position with a 6920 and I bought a Daniel Defense rail and left it alone. I wanted a replica/clone of the MK 18 Mod 0 so I found a used colt upper and proper 10.3 barrel. I didn’t want to cut down the barrel. I always had very good accuracy and was worried I’d mess that up. After I mounted the DD rail accuracy improved.
    Hey thanks for the response. Did you get the Omega 7” for it? The one thats drop-in and freefloat?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast