Thread: LMT enhanced bolt/carrier group

Feedback Score

LMT enhanced bolt/carrier group

Does anyone have any experience with these? The dual extractor spring and sand cuts sound like interesting ideas. I know LMT makes top-notch parts, but I'd like to hear some real world thumbs-up before I would consider shelling out the clams for a non-traditional design.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no personal experience, but they reportedly do not work well in the 10.5" uppers. They were "DEVELOPED TO ADDRESS PROBLEMS - REAL OR OTHERWISE - IN THE M4A1 14.5".
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would pass on them.

They seem very hit or miss to me depending on the upper. I know several guys who have had problems running them. While at the same time I know of two guys who swear by them, both of whom I know for a fact shoot relatively high round counts. One of them runs them in both his 10.5" & 16" upper.

It’s just too strange for me to spend the extra cash.

Just buy a Colt, LMT, or CMT and keep a fresh extractor, HD extractor spring/o-ring/black insert installed. You will be better off in the long run.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've got one in my 16" LMT upper. It runs very well, no stoppages in about 2000 rounds with minimal cleaning. This is all on a flat range though, so it's seen only light duty so far. It's in a standard LMT M16 carrier. I kind of bought it on a lark, and I would be hard pressed to say I got twice the performance out of it for the cost. That is not a knock on the product, just my use doesn't really justify the added expense.

My next builds will probably use a standard bolt from CMT or LMT.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info, guys. That's about what I expected, but figured I'd ask.

I think all I really need is a spare bolt for my carbine. It's a Colt, and I'd like to keep it 100 percent Colt, but that seems to be getting harder and harder as time passes. I'll probably just buy a standard CMT or LMT bolt.

Feedback Score
    I have a enhanced BCG and it works great. But if I had it to do over again I would buy a standard one from LMT.
    "A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
    --George William Curtis