Thread: Safariland 6235 SLS for Sig P226 SAO question

Feedback Score

Safariland 6235 SLS for Sig P226 SAO question

Hello,

I normally just soak up the knowledge from the braintrust around here, but I have a question and you gents (and ladies) are the most likely to have an answer.

I have an irrational preference for the Sig P226 SAO Legion with a Surefire X300U. Yes, the "Legion" part is BS marketing, but but the SAO is really quite nice. Rather than do something sane like simply build a battle belt around a G19 with a Surefire X300U, I would like to use this particular Sig. I'm low speed, high drag, never going to drop into any war zone, and probably don't even need a battle belt, but this is America where want is good enough (who "needs" a mid-engined Corvette?, but WANT?).

I like the Safariland 6235 SLS. Safariland says they don't have any molds for the P266 SAO so they don't think it will fit due to the thumb safety. I'm wondering if a bit of ::gasp:: Dremel work would relieve enough space for the thumb safety and everything still work?

If anyone has any insight (other than to just use a Glock) about a fix or alternative manufacturer/model I would be very interested.

Thank you in advance.

Feedback Score
    Buy a Glock

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hi, I had a similar issue. ANR design kydex holsters made me a safariland QLS compatible holster for my 226 with red dot and x300 light. Holster is great. They should be able to set you up. BTW, I am not affiliated with them, just really like the holster they made me.fits like a glove.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Safariland doesn't make it easy or maybe it's Sig with all their variations of the 226.

The 6378 ALS doesn't have the hood like the holster you listed but has the thumb release which I like better.

The way the Safariland retains the weapon is it latches on the ejection port and there is room inside the holster so it should clear the safety on the SOA.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk