Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a "Budget" optic not made in China that uses Aimpoint Micro mounts

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Apparently the Bushnell "Mini Cannon" is made by DI Optical in Korea, which may be meaningful to someone.

A poster on TOS claims the base has the same screw spacing as a micro mount.

The battery is mounted in a slide out tray secured by screws - I guess that is one way of doing it but it seems a little inconvenient. It also reminds me of the battery mounting in my Granddaughter's toys. Assuming battery life is decent it's probably not a big deal and it keeps the sight pretty small.

It is unfortunate that Nikon did not use the Micro mount pattern on their Phillipines built Superdot, but they are leaving the scope/red dot market anyway.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 05-01-20 at 10:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    maid in china
    Where can I order one of those?? (Sorry can't resist.)

On a more serious note, it is not an uncommon tactic for large corporations to develop new products "close-to-home" (better QC, quicker feedback, etc) and once the product is proven, outsource it. If you are buying enough, there is no shortage of factories willing to take your money.
    Official Account for ValhallaTactical.com. Clever designs for intelligent marksmen.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    My romeo 4 I purchased said maid in china on the box...
    Do the different models of Romeo 4 have different origins? From the little I’ve read the 4t and 4m are OK, and the others are a soft maybe.

It frustrates me the way that Sig has made their product line. Its difficult to research and figure out which models are garbage and which are acceptable. Then you find out that there are models within models that have different quality levels, also. Aimpoint is easy. PRO<Comp M4.... H/T1<H/T2<Comp M5.

Edit: I bought one. It says “assembled in US”
    Last edited by 1168; 05-08-20 at 10:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Romeo4T that appears to be pretty robust, but I haven't had it long so can't comment on how it will take a beating. I don't know if it falls into the category of "budget" but it doesn't cost as much as an Aimpoint. I got mine for around $400 and it isn't made in China.

The specs looks good: 7075, instead of 6061, 50K+ battery life, ipx8 water resistance, lifetime warranty and I just discovered that they use thread inserts in the mounting screw holes. It seems to be a pretty tough optic. The Romeo4T is a grade or two above all of the other Romeos.
    Last edited by TonyAngel; 05-08-20 at 09:22.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

It frustrates me the way that Sig has made their product line. Its difficult to research and figure out which models are garbage and which are acceptable. Then you find out that there are models within models that have different quality levels, also.
    I think it's funny how this board has such hard brand distinction. Sig and vortex have poor product origin representation in their line up and everyone is ok with it. PSA has excellent transparency as to what the product is and where it comes from and they "can't be trusted".

Also I understand how and why the OP has issues purchasing a chinese optic. The truth of the matter is: even if you find a budget optic NOT made in china, it will probably cost more and be less than a chinese optic. These Holosun's (2017+) are an incredible optic for the $120 I paid. Also my Primary Arms ($400- made in china) is a higher build quality than my Steiner (+$600- assembled in America from German Parts). Sure the Steiner has better glass, but the build quality is noticeably better on the chinese optic. My point of all this: sure the chinese gov is evil. But they are making some hot kit at the best price right now. In my opinion to get noticeably better than chinese optics you need to spend like 4x the costs.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I think it's funny how this board has such hard brand distinction. Sig and vortex have poor product origin representation in their line up and everyone is ok with it. PSA has excellent transparency as to what the product is and where it comes from and they "can't be trusted".
    Because marketing.

Sig spends an enormous amount of money in marketing compare to any other manufacturer out there.

Vortex is the same. No optic company out there have a marketing budget that can touch them.
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 05-08-20 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Romeo 4A-M were made in China.
    New Romeo 4 are "Assembled in the USA", whatever that means...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Because marketing.
    Which is not necessary a bad thing.

On each Romeo sold, only a small fraction of those money goes to the Chinese (or wherever) factory that makes it. The rest are kept by SIG and their distributors and dealers as profit margin, which is what pays for those marketing activities.

And many of those activities are performed by SIG employees, who lives and earn their living in America. They are creating better pay, safer, and more rewarding jobs domestically, and outsource the cheap, mundane manual labors overseas.

I still maintain I see nothing wrong with it. In fact it should be encouraged. An evil government doesn't make every citizen a demon (otherwise I would've considered half the Americans demons because they voted for Democrats). But the more we make them rely on our manufacturing contacts, the better we can keep them under control.

Stop caring WHERE it's made. Start caring WHO makes it and if the company is American owned. Start caring if that company is creating high-pay American jobs, like engineering. And finally, start caring for quality.

The day we blindly submit to "American Made" is the day our country stop innovating. And once we settled for subpar products because of ideology, our country as a whole will fall behind the rest of the world and cease to be the world leader.

VT

Sent from my J9210 using Tapatalk
    Official Account for ValhallaTactical.com. Clever designs for intelligent marksmen.

Feedback Score
    Just budget for a quality optic. Then purchase it on sale. Done.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
    Stop caring WHERE it's made. Start caring WHO makes it and if the company is American owned. Start caring if that company is creating high-pay American jobs, like engineering. And finally, start caring for quality.

The day we blindly submit to "American Made" is the day our country stop innovating. And once we settled for subpar products because of ideology, our country as a whole will fall behind the rest of the world and cease to be the world leader.

VT
    Your signature:
    "Official Account for ValhallaTactical.com. Type-7 FFL/SOT-2, 100% original design, 100% manufactured in-house, 100% performance-guaranteed!"

How ironic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast