Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zastava Arms ZPAP M70 AK

Feedback Score

Zastava Arms ZPAP M70 AK

Picked this up the other day. Seems to be quite well built, with American walnut furniture. The barrel is a CHF non-chromed version, and I know the non-chromed thing is a deal breaker for some guys. Also picked up some Croatian 30-rounders to go along with it. They lock in fine, but I know that some earlier batches had fitment issues in some AK's. Reading about the Yugo/Serbian variants, apparently the Iraqi "Tabuk" version is very similar since Yugoslavia set up their factory for them.

Last edited by Slater; 04-29-20 at 10:58.

Feedback Score
    Although it is sold out right now, Atlantic Firearms had a chrome lined Zastava:

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/pro...m-685757098120
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The old Century imports were built like tanks. I think they stayed reasonably priced because few wanted to mess with shooting Combloc ammo through a non-chromed barrel.

I’m willing to check the new ones out after there are some reviews. The former Yugo countries build solid, old-school stuff.

Feedback Score
    Slater, Are you sure that one isn't chrome lined? The one that looks just like that on Zastava Arms USA's website indicates that it is.
    https://zastavaarmsusa.com/product/z...porting-rifle/
    Their sku number is ZR7762WM. What's the sku number of the one you got?

Feedback Score
    Mine doesn't have the bulged front trunnion, which also indicates the chromed barrel.

Feedback Score
    Duh. I didn't catch that. Why in the world did they decide to give multiple similar versions of rifles the same name?

The one thing that you need to change on that rifle is the pistol grip. Get a real Zastava grip. Their 922(r) compliance parts are probably the trigger group (3) and the stock set (3). If the slant brake is US made, you're good to go. If not, you'll need to install a US slant brake. This all assumes that you care about that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Bret; 04-30-20 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    According to Zastava:

"US 922 R parts are the muzzle brake, furniture, and two parts of the Zastava Arms USA magazine."

Feedback Score
    In that case I'd put a US trigger group in so that I could use foreign magazines and be able to swap out the pistol grip for the real deal. Again, all this assumes you bother with that sort of stuff. I'm half paranoid, so I do. Regardless, let us know how it shoots.
    Last edited by Bret; 05-01-20 at 08:38.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If only it had the grenade launcher front sight, Id be all over it. They need to import the M70AB2 in all its glory.

Feedback Score
    My understanding is that the primary reason for going to the 1.5mm receiver is that sustained use of rifle grenades was too hard on a regular 1mm receiver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast