Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice on buying NVG's. ATN PS15's? TNVC PVS14's? Digital NV?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

We need a dedicated NV sub forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, please. Would love a sub forum

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    What I suggest more than anything is get around the equipment and if your friends don't have then consider taking a class. Most professional NV Classes like those offered from TNVC have rental options. Your about to make a large investment and not really understanding what your about to buy or its true capabilities can not only be expensive but discouraging.

If it were me, and Im deep in the NV pool, I would get a really nice white phos PVS-14. Robert at JRH as mentioned should be able to get you a great Night Vision Devices WP 14 for less that $4K with a real 10 year warranty. There are others that can do the same but they will be built on their bench and probably not be able to offer such a strong warranty. J-Arm and Wilcox Mount another $600. Helmet, well that's another subject if you don't already have one. Just be dome with it and buy a B.E. Meyers MAWL. Yes, you will bitch about the price but be extremely happy in the end.

What is your actual end game? Hunting, start gazing or just want the ability to fight with your carbine while the others are hiding and waiting for the sun?

You can always add to the system. Nothing at all wrong with bridging two 14's and the weight isn't all that bad. TWO is ONE as they say but if you don't have two NV equipped rifles the idea of splitting for a buddy or loved one is just an idea. There is nothing that a 14 cant do that binos really do better other than offer a bit more comfort when used for extended periods of time. Just so you understand with binos you will not see or have any more field of view over a single 14. With binos both eyes are seeing the same thing and your brain process that slightly better. All that being said having an unaided eye has its advantages in mixed lighting situations and in navigating terrain and reading features. A single 14 works much better and faster if your plan includes a white weapon light and/or pistol. There will come a time in the operation when switching to white light is simply needed and will allow faster movement and produce more information.

I run and have both set ups and can tell you because I'm scared of the dark I feel naked without a 14 close at hand. NVGs are simply an amazing, game changing piece of equipment. Before guys buy more guns they should be buying NODs
    All of my friends tell me rnvg is the way, not to mess with a 14. I'm new to nods. Looked through a 14 handheld once. Why do you feel 14>rnvg? You seem in the minority, here.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    Yes, please. Would love a sub forum
    We tried some time ago and we wound up getting a prayer forum so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    +1

This would help topics like this one not fall off the “what’s new” cycle. Although, it might not do anything to increase discussion by knowledgeable people beyond what already exists.
    I will present this to the Jedi Council.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    We need a dedicated NV sub forum.
    That would be awesome.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I love my pvs 14 allows me to check those deep dark shadows with my thermal

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    In for information, as this will be my next major purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Following for information as I too am in the market for a set of NODS.
    Same here. I had ruled out NV due to cost but after having the opportunity to play with some I've got to get me a MAWL and some NVGs.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123